Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with just Jimmy today. My bird dog was too busy to come, and with a small craft advisory it is better to only fish 1 other person on my 18'er. We got to the ramp around noon, and I managed to squeeze my boat into the ramp, just past a 26' sailboat that broke his trailer axle doing end of the year haul out. We hit the fishing grounds just about at slack tide and had a report from Bluefish1928 that the fishing had just turned off. We found a few decent fish, but nothing remarkable. As soon as the tide started moving again the fishing picked up. We managed to land 3 over 27", including a really fat one. I blame our lack of 30" fish on no bird dog. We also didn't lose or break anything today, which is a step in the right direction, after our last 500 dollar day.

View attachment 188345
IMG_20151111_200047_01.jpg
IMAG1078.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice !!! I was out there around Poplar by my self but with no fish finder and I was looking for working birds but couldn't find any , after half an hr had to go back in bcuz it was too rough and I was by my self on a 23' Regal cruiser. Didn't feel safe at all...lol

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice !!! I was out there around Poplar by my self but with no fish finder and I was looking for working birds but couldn't find any , after half an hr had to go back in bcuz it was too rough and I was by my self on a 23' Regal cruiser. Didn't feel safe at all...lol
Thanks man, It was definitely rough out. You need a fish finder.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No bird dog? You should have filled the boat up with fish! Everytime that ugly dog looked overboard the other day the fish went down, then he'd look up and the gulls flew away..lol. Just kidding Nick. My first hunting dog was a Golden Ret. when I was 16 Y.O. He liked going for truck rides and boat rides more than fetching ducks. Seeing your dog brings back memories. They are great dogs. I dont think I've ever heard of a Golden ever biting anyone.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha. It's a known fact, that dog raises fish. As far as birds, she will even try to retrieve the deeks from bass pro shops.

20140925_144702(0).jpg

No bird dog? You should have filled the boat up with fish! Everytime that ugly dog looked overboard the other day the fish went down, then he'd look up and the gulls flew away..lol. Just kidding Nick. My first hunting dog was a Golden Ret. when I was 16 Y.O. He liked going for truck rides and boat rides more than fetching ducks. Seeing your dog brings back memories. They are great dogs. I dont think I've ever heard of a Golden ever biting anyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts