Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had heard there were some decent fish in the middle bay area between the mouth of Eastern bay and the mouth of the Choptank last week when I was doing the weekly Maryland fishing report that I write for the front page of Tidal Fish and wanted to get out and check out the action for myself. However, considering I do not have my new boat, and I still have not found a smaller used one to buy for local stuff, I am pure Ho. Brett must have been reading my mind and he text me on Monday night asking if I wanted to fish Tuesday evening, I jumped on the invite.

As a good Ho should, I showed up a few minutes early (4pm) and was ready to roll. Brett followed a few minutes later right on time and Steve joined for the action. We headed out of Eastern Bay, which looked like a river of mud, and not too long after getting to the target area we marked a few fish. Gave it a try and nada, not a bump, after ten minutes we decided to move and search out some other lumps. Luckily on our second stop I managed to hook up with a decent fat 24 incher. Then Brett hooked up and Steve followed not too long after. The tide went slack on us which slowed down the action, looked around and manged a few more stripers, in the 18-22 range. To end the trip we stopped at one last spot and tried some LT topwater action for an hour or so, had some swirls, but no hook ups. The sun started to set and we had a bit of a run to get back to the ramp so with the sun above the horizon we headed home so we had some daylight to load the boat up. No huge fish, but a lot of fun.

My lure of choice that did the trick was a 1oz chartreuse Tidal Fish butter bean bucktail. Brett and Steve used bass assassins in the 5-7 inch class on 1/2 to 1oz jigs. All light tackle rods and reels in the 4000 range.

Great night out on the water, clam winds and perfect temperature. Thanks for the good time Brett, had a good time with you and Steve!:thumbup::fishing2:

Only two pictures, sorry, I was busy jigging on this trip. Fish picture I took with my iPhone so not too great, but some eye candy. Speaking of iPhone, stay tuned we have mobile apps coming out for TidalFish.com for both the iPhone and Android. Apps are built and awaiting approval in both marketplaces. They will be free. I will post up once they are out there for downloading.

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
At least you got a little action. Looks like the sky is prettier than the water. When will it clear up???.........Gary

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The water was in general dirty, there were a few better spots then others, one area I would say we had less then 18 inches, another at least double that. The fish are around, just have to hit them on the head with your jigfishbeat:fishing2:

Wingnut_9798, you should be able to do just about everything you can do from your computer on the site, one your phone, including pics.:thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
thx for rpt/pics.

·
Premium Member
26,290 Posts
4 pm - You'd either be 12 hours early or 12 hour late with me :whistlingatu:.

Good to hear some fishing biting in afternoon - hopefully water clears up soon.

Next week - those fish will be keepers.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Brandon glad to hear you call them stripers great pictures and i am hoping this app will let the old guys like myself upload pictures from my i phone to the website

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
now thats what I need. Thanks for the report Brandon! better times are coming. excited about the new app too!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brandon, Thanks for the report. It's good to see a jigging bite starting. I may have to even bring the boat home from the ES soon.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Brandon here are a few of mine from last nght. I finally got the boat back up on the Miles from Florida. Hit the Mid Bay today with Jamie, Phil and Rich. We caught quite a few but nothing of any size. The water was like chocolate milk pretty far south.

Cloud Sky Water Picture frame Ecoregion

Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Blue

Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Light

Water Cloud Sky Atmosphere Natural landscape

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
so you do fish non-exotic locations like the ole-Chesapeake bay

blackberry app maybe?

android sounds great though, wish corporate supported active sync....maybe one day.

TIGHT LINES!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts