Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help!!! I am vacationing out side st michaels...... Looking for any advice on where the fish are this far south...... I will be running out of tilghman and looking to troll. I was shocked to see no boats at the hill or eastern bay on Sunday....... Not looking for any spots..... Just a general area....... Thanks 24

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Middle bay has been a desert the past few weeks. The rock seem to have all gotten the memo this year that the party's near the bridge, and darn few are hanging around the places they've been in big numbers. Even spot and perch have been hard to find in the usual places. The bridge is a long run for lots of folks, but it seems to be where the action is this year.

I know some have been trolling along the west side across from EBay. Sure haven't heard of anyone setting the world on fire but I have seen marks there at least. I've seen most in deeper water, but see boats working the 20' and shallower flat along the west side too.

Good luck, and here's hoping the summer pattern switches up some.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Eastern Bay is a dead zone

You can pick off a couple on west edge by 85 - 25/40 ft - but very spare and have been smaller fish

When the entire deale / Chesapeake fleet is running to love point

My question would be where us the Tilghman charter fleet running - haven't seen them

·
Registered
20 Posts
24Albemarle - My buddy laid into perch pretty well in the Little Choptank a week and a half ago. He also left out of Tilghman area. I have not heard any truly favorable report come from Eastern Bay this season.

SeaHunt - I was at Love Point on Saturday evening and saw at least two charters I know to be out of Tilghman. The stretch of water between Love Point and north of the bridge seems to be pulling in everyone from everywhere.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a summer/weekend house near the harbor in St. Michaels and keep my boat is a slip near my house. Up until about mid-June I could catch keeper rockfish just outside St. Michaels harbor, but particularly near Hambleton Point, which is just outside the harbor. Ever since mid-June it has been a skunk unless I go up through Kent Narrows to Love Point or north of the bridge, along with everyone else. It is shocking to have the entire Eastern Bay to myself, which is not too surprising since I am too pigheaded to go where the fish are.
If you want to drop by or fish this weekend or get some restaurant reviews, send me a bmail.
The current situation is karma getting back at me for having fish stacked up in the Miles River all last Fall. From mid-September to the beginning of December there were gannets on top of big schools of rockfish and breakers almost every afternoon just like clockwork. St. Michaels is nicer in the Fall anyway when the big cruisers are staying home and not sending their 3-foot wakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts