Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.militarytimes.com/news/2008/10/military_poll_100508w/

In case you missed this week's issue of the Army Times here are the results of the Army Times' poll of Military personnel re the election (in percent):

McCain Obama

Overall 68 23

Army 68 23

Navy 69 24

Air Force 67 24

Marines 75 18

Retirees 72 20

White Non-Hispanic 76 17

Hispanic 63 27

Black/African-American 12 79

Enlisted 67 24

Officers 70 22

Freedom is Not Free.
Thank a Veteran.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Like they did the last time?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Just a few quotes from respected Military High Ups about Gannet Newspapers attempt to influence the military....

"The Military Times Media Group may get their opinion out, but it wouldn't be respected even if it is persuasive! "

"The Army Times and that entire group do not, repeat do not speak for the military. They might speak for some politicians who happen to be currently on active duty in the military."

Careful what you read, and or beleive....

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Careful what you read, and or beleive....
You're right Echo. Click on the link, and you get this:

The results of the Military Times 2008 Election Poll are not representative of the opinions of the military as a whole. The group surveyed is older, more senior in rank and less ethnically diverse than the overall armed services.

So...what the poll says is that old white guys with fat gubmint checks coming in like McCain. Now, there's a shocker.:D

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're typically scewed left.........

so it must be significantly more in favor of McCain than indicated above.

I'd say it is given the many soldiers I come in contact with everyday.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
You're right Echo. Click on the link, and you get this:

The results of the Military Times 2008 Election Poll are not representative of the opinions of the military as a whole. The group surveyed is older, more senior in rank and less ethnically diverse than the overall armed services.

So...what the poll says is that old white guys with fat gubmint checks coming in like McCain. Now, there's a shocker.:D
I'd say there's a higher probability that there are millions of fat Americans looking for a free gov't handout, something like the income redistribution plan Obama is pushing.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
funny how the minitary times is gospel when the preach the liberal line.

if it weren't for double standards libs wouldn't have any.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
funny how the minitary times is gospel when the preach the liberal line.

if it weren't for double standards libs wouldn't have any.
I guess it's just who beleives this **** and whose educated enough to see that there are always two sides to a story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts