Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bobble-heads can give the nod to the Commander in Chief who spent his "military enlistment" following Russian's over the Gulf of Mexico for his strategy in Iraq!

Feb. 2, 2007, 4:49AM
Outgoing Iraq commander says troop demand excessive

By DAVID ESPO
Associated Press

Source: The Associated Press
WASHINGTON — The outgoing top U.S. general in Iraq diplomatically aired his differences with the commander in chief on Thursday, telling lawmakers that President Bush has ordered thousands more troops into Iraq than needed to tamp down violence in Baghdad.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope he will say what Air Reserve say's he should....nothin new about butt kissin. He sorta screwed the goose when Congress was all bobble-heads....his leadership is turning some into thinkers.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
The outgoing U.S. commander in Baghdad yesterday broke with his superiors, including President Bush, by telling a Senate committee he does not agree with their dire assessments that the Iraq war is failing.
"I do not agree that we have a failed policy," Army Gen. George Casey told the Senate Armed Services Committee in confirmation hearings for him to be the next Army chief of staff.
Questioned by Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, Gen. Casey repeatedly defended his 21/2-year command, conceding that Baghdad fell into cycles of relentless killing during his term and that "the situation is definitely deteriorating in Baghdad." But he said much of Iraq has made progress.
"I believe the president's new strategy will enhance the policy that we have," he said of Mr. Bush's Jan. 10 plan to send 21,500 additional troops into Iraq, most to Baghdad.
As Gen. Casey testified, a bipartisan group of senators put the finishing touches on a nonbinding resolution opposing Mr. Bush's troop boost. Sponsored by Sen. John W. Warner, Virginia Republican, and backed by Sen. Carl Levin, Michigan Democrat and Armed Services Committee chairman, the measure would also oppose a cutoff of war funds, an action demanded by some anti-war liberals.
It was not clear yesterday whether Mr. Warner has the 60 votes needed to clear the resolution for a floor vote.
Gen. Casey broke with comments by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, who has said the United States is not winning, and with Navy Adm. William Fallon, who told the same committee this week that the strategy was not working. Adm. Fallon is to be the next Middle East commander.
The general did not stop there. Asked about Mr. Bush's assessment that his Iraq policy was headed to "slow failure," Gen. Casey said, "I actually don't see it as a slow failure. I actually see it as slow progress."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20070202-124746-7781r.htm

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boiled down...the outgoing guy is saying in effect...I did not fail in my mission!!!! WOW.
The military asked for more troops in Viet Nam...got them under Johnson...more killed final results were the same. I give Nixon credit for enough smarts to withdraw.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
I was more interested in APs highly selective interpretation of his remark. If we can't trust the news to tell it straight, who can...

Never mind.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
etouffe still believes the Vietnam War & the Iraq war are the same. Fritz can you edumacate him that they aint. Maybe if I start talking his lingo he'll...........never mind. I gota go fishing for some Jacks............

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fritzer you neglected to share the rest of the article which you posted....the balance of the article says.....

Mr. McCain announced he had strong reservations about confirming Gen. Casey. First, he said the four-star officer continued to give him optimistic assessments on Iraq violence, only to see bloodshed increase each time. Second, he said both of Gen. Casey's campaigns to bring down violence in the capital failed in the summer and last fall because troops did not hold the neighborhoods they cleared of Shi'ite and Sunni insurgents.
"The result of these and other missteps have been unprecedented levels of violence in Iraq and a pervasive lack of security that prohibits political and economic activity," the senator said.
When Mr. McCain read a 2004 quote from Gen. Casey saying Iraq forces would be able to take over security and curb violence by December 2005, the witness responded, "That obviously has not panned out."
The general defended himself repeatedly. He said some of his favorable predictions came before al Qaeda bombed the Shi'ite golden dome mosque in Samara a year ago. U.S. commanders blame the attack for provoking Shi'ite reprisals, and then Sunni counterattacks that swelled into constant killings in and around Baghdad.

Frank at least catching Jacks you are with a group of creatures that are your equal intellectually....PS both Viet Nam and Iraq are identical in one respect...they both were begun on a false premise. Other similarities are also present to anyone who reads...OOOPS that removes from the equasion all who get their news from Fox and/or Rush and just nod "yes".

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D Herr Fritzee is more interested in saying I delete the rest of the story thereby changing the article....he does it and will have a explanation credible to......well the usual suspects.
Afterall if you believe Fox is unbiased, Rush Limbaugh is a intellectual news analyst and President Bush is a great leader....well you see where I'm going with this.:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts