Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a dark and rainy night-really- but 15 good hearted people showed up to help put prices on all the donated items bound for the Essex flea market.Some items were bought before the ink on the price tag was dry :rolleyes: .Still a whole truck load of goodies for the table.Help for the event was confirmed and we talked about the upcoming Bay Bridge boat show -April 26th-29th.We can still use a few people there-to hand out flyers and help show people how to bait a hook (fake worms).:)) Ordered pizzas and watched the VHS tape of 2006 WAF event.Brought back some good memories.Discussed differant fund raising ideas-we think a raffle for a fishing trip might be good.Made a list of items needed.Dae has access to a printer for photos that can be made right on the spot.Good idea was to involve Boy Scouts as greeters for the families.Talked about next meeting at Peebles pub-off Security Blvd. Ed has some ice lined up/we'll get more from another source.Put out a wish list on the main board-hope for alot of help there.Discussed the Annapolis fall boat show and other fund raising ideas.Overall a fun/productive evening.I'm sure I left somethings out-my note taking isn't the best. Skip

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Skip,

I have done a few raffles for my hunting club...the usual items of guns, cloths, etc. Found that money has always drawn the best results. One of the best raffles is the one based off of the state lottery drawings. I know give-aways are nice because sometime they are donated to you at cost or no cost at all, but you may limit your interest group.

Just my $.02.

No matter what you decide, you guys are doing a great thing.:thumbup:
I need to free up my schedule and find a way to get involved.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
We have also recruited "Pepsi-Cola" as a sponsor, and they have donated 8- cases of soda, and 5 cases of bottled water, and will provide us with some much needed signage for the 7/21/07 event at Sandy Point Park. We will probably will need another 25-30 cases of beverages, 20-soft drinks, and 10 cases of bottled water. If we are able to provide for fishing opportunities for 35-special needs kids, and their respective families. We are anticipating that this would give us about 250-300 people, for this event, it's difficult to predict, at this time just how many we will be able to invite, but it looks like we will be able to exceed last years event. The support of our sponsors is greatly appreciated, and without them we would not be able to do this.......A BIG THANK YOU to all who have helped us so far ! !:clap: :clap:;
And for those who will be helping us soon, also ! :clap: :clap:;

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts