Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12/3: Departed Solomons at 6:40 AM (party was running a little late). We landed our first fish while putting the first few lines in the water on the West in 43 ft of water and continued trolling East. On our first pass we hooked and landed 4 Trophies. Then the action heated up and we had several multiple hookups for the next 1.5 hours. At one time we had 5 rods hooked up and we landed all 5 Trophies, releasing all 5 because we were just one fish away from our limit and we were searching for BUBBA. Around 11:30AM we landed a nice Trophy around 37 inches that was hooked very deep and not going to survive so we completed our limit with the mortally wounded fish. It is such a waste throwing back a fish that has next to no chance of survival. That is why I always like to leave at least on spot open if we are switching over to catch and release. It allows us to keep BUBBA if we get him or keep a mortally wounded fish. We trolled till about noon catching 2 more nice trophies. By days end we had 27 bites and landed 24 Trophy Stripers from 35 inches to 44 inches. The 44 inch fish is pictured below with the first 4 pics being from yesterday. Once again the planar board lines and the long lines with no weight did almost all of the catching. Color did not seem to matter.

12/4: Another late start at 6:30 and then our best craziest bite of the fall began. Our first pass across was very uneventful today. In fact, for the first time in a while we managed to get all 26 lines in the water without a Trophy Striper bitting one of our baits. Shortly after getting our lines in we did manage to get two nice bites landing both Trophies (both fish on board lines again.) Then as I turned the boat to head back to the west and make our second pass across the Bay all hell broke loose. At one time we had 10 rods down with drags screeming and since we only had 7 customers on the boat we had to leave 3 rods in the rod holders with fish on them. The situation turned out good as we landed 10 of the trophies and lost one, with no tangles. (10-1) should equal 9 but not when one of the lines had a nice double hitter on it. After that crazy action, I trolled away from the fish to get our stuff straight and re-deploy. While getting our stuff back out we caught and released three more trophies. Finally we got all of our lines back in and I headed for where we hit the grand slam and the second pass thru the area was almost as good as the first pass. At one time we had 9 rods loaded with big fish and managed to land 8 of the 9. We threw a very nice 42 inch Trophy in the box to complete our limit and the party was very satisified and wore out and said lets head for home. While getting our lines in we had two more bites and landed 1 of them. What a day!!! We only trolled for 1 hour and 45 minutes, puls about 30 minutes getting our lines up and had 23 bites and landed 21 nice December Trophies. The lines that caught today were either the deepest lines or the shallowest lines. Kind of strange, we would have several rods down but the intermediate lines did nothing. Corlor made no difference today. I sure would have liked to see the fish finder when the action was on, but I was busy in the back of the boat with the fishies. My two best, most wide open bites this week have been on rather strong SW winds. As Monday and today were our best two days of fishing this Fall.

The party that I have booked for next Wednesday aboard the MISS SUSIE has yet to send their deposit in and are not returning my phone calls. I am going to try one last time tomorrow to contact him and then I will open next Wednesday up to the general public as a walk on trip or a private charter. First come first served. There are so many fish and so much bait in our area right now this red hot fishing should continue for the rest of the year. Don't miss your chance, give me a call today and enjoy fishing for trophies in December from the comfort of a 44 or 46ft boat with a large heated cabin to keep you warm and toasty for the ride to the fishing grounds and in between the action.

As for dates still available for walk on or private charter aboard the MISS SUSIE......

December (10 possibly), 20, 22

If the above dates don't fit your schedule, my other boat FIN FINDER with Capt. Andrew still has the following dates still available for charter.....

December 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28

Enjoy the pics below, the first 4 pics are from 12/3 and the final 3 pics are from 12/4.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Just imagine what you could do with chipped up lures :D.

Awesome - simply awesome :clapping2::clapping2:.That many landed is something else :yes:.

·
Registered
14,252 Posts
Are you sure you don't have some kind of rock fish call:clap: That many fish got to be just jumping into the boat. Got any rods aboard?...........Gary

·
Registered
199 Posts
You know the captain catches a lot of fish when the letters on the holding board are worn off from so many hands rubbing on them!!!

Sucks we can't book you this year Greg, just don't have the time...our last day of the season December trip will have to wait until 2009.

Well done -- Paul

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow - nice catching there.
Try some filets cut into 2 inch chunks breaded and fried with Buffalo wing dippin sauce. You won't be disappointed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts