Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We landed 61 fish yesterday in an epic day on the bay! This is the 21st straight year we have fished aboard the Miss Susie with my Father and his bros, all old salts from Boston/Cape Cod. Capt Greg has the Miss Susie dialed in like I have never seen and I snagged a few new tricks to try on my boat! :thumbup:

If you don't know what you are doing book with him and bring your camera and notebook plus buy some of his tackle. Biggest easy tip is that the mate brushes out the hair on every parachute every time it comes out of the water, before going back ion , to remove debris and tangles.

If you do know what you are doing go with him or Lee Tippett on Greg's other boat Fin Finder for a world class experience striper fishing out of Solomons Island. Biggest fish was about 31 pounds and MANY in the high 20's in pounds.

·
Registered
963 Posts
That is awesome, what an epic day.

I am certain that all of those rockfish lived to fight another day.

Way to go Captain Greg

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
fincatcher2006 - your post is exactly what Brandon said was prohibited and you will be warned and or suspended. And I hope he does something cause Im tired of people like you ruining great posts! Unless its Illegal keep your mouth shut!

Sea King - Greg's expectations went way up from me... we only got 18 soooo he better get us at least 40 next time if he wants 20%. All kidding aside Amazing day with a great Captain and I am jealous!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Good Looking 2 X 4-& a Beer can Report

That is awesome, what an epic day.

I am certain that all of those rockfish lived to fight another day.

Way to go Captain Greg
I also think that was a Awsome Day, The Miss Suzie & I have good Recolections, I made the Madien Charter trip on her back in the 70's--We went to the Eastern & Drowned Crisfield SIZE soft Crabs for tiderunner grey trout up to 14 pounds plus-We could read the fish but No Bites , Capt. George Willing ( rip) hallard put them GD spinning rods away, we broke out the WIRE Line , 12 " Drop Seperators ,24 0z {all around lead) & put on 18 & 19 SILVER Tony's --We Trolled em.with Excellent Results -Thank ya Cecil Robbins !--Thank ya Capt. Willing,Thank Ya Tony Acetta--For a memorable day of Yesterday--Note-Capt. George Willing was a Firm Believer of throwing Beer Cans Overboard, they had just started the Save the cans for Re-Cycleing ashore --we had a large trash can & a big plastic bag liner , we SAVED all our cans ALL day --To our amazement Capt George stopped the boat in Short water in the Patuxent, Grabbed the collected can plastic Bag & DUMPED all the cans in the water-then proceeded in --He & I agreeded in what he did , in those days beer cans were made of steel with a smattering other metals --they Disintragated within the 1st. year. BUT before they did EVERY can was a haven for Oyster Spat--One can One new oyster Coloney, You never cruched the can as the drinking hole made with Church Keys would allow small fish to use the can as safe haven--Then came pop tops & Alum -& the little Havens & Spat collecters were a thing of the past --Progress Stinks -Greg, Call me on land line , so I can order my favorite Lures from yoy --Tight Lines & Robbins Rules--geo.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
First of all, sounds like an epic day of catching with your family :rockingreport::yes::thumbup:
Thanks for putting the report together with :photo4::fishing2:

(note to fincatcher2006 and whoever else considers jumping in on anyone's reports, consider yourself warned. I said at the beginning of this year no BS in people's reports and I meant it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this report, if fact it's a darn good one. What they did was perfectly legal. If you do not agree with the law it does absolutely no good to jump in a thread on a guy or group of guys who 1) took the time to post a report, 2) was having fun and wanted to share, 3) and was fishing with in the law. MD DNR sets the rules, spend your effort working with in the framework of MD DNR to change the law if you do not like it, not jumping on people.)

Thanks again for the :rockingreport:, looks and sounds like a great time!

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
I think it is the lucky anchor on the bow that attracts the fish to the boat :devil2:.

Awesome catch - congrats on an action packed trip :thumbup:.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
another trick on combing out parachutes is to use conditioner like you use on your hair, makes the combing out easier.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First of all, sounds like an epic day of catching with your family :rockingreport::yes::thumbup:
Thanks for putting the report together with :photo4::fishing2:

(note to fincatcher2006 and whoever else considers jumping in on anyone's reports, consider yourself warned. I said at the beginning of this year no BS in people's reports and I meant it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this report, if fact it's a darn good one. What they did was perfectly legal. If you do not agree with the law it does absolutely no good to jump in a thread on a guy or group of guys who 1) took the time to post a report, 2) was having fun and wanted to share, 3) and was fishing with in the law. MD DNR sets the rules, spend your effort working with in the framework of MD DNR to change the law if you do not like it, not jumping on people.)

Thanks again for the :rockingreport:, looks and sounds like a great time!
Thanks Brandon!

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Last Chance for Spring Trophies aboard MISS SUSIE

Due to a cancellation I now have Sunday May 8 available for the 6am charter. In addition I have Monday May 9 available for the 6am charter.

The FIN FINDER has the following slots still available........

May 11 @ 6am or 1pm

May 12 @ 6am

May 13 @ 6am or 1pm

May 15 @ 6am or 1pm

Thanks for the support and looking forward to putting you on the fish,
Capt. Greg Buckner

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Greg Do ya Got a Baits Left ?

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
I have about 4,000 baits still in stock.

Also, aboard MISS SUSIE there is just one slot still available for the Spring Trophy Season.

MAY 10 @ 6am departing from Solomons, MD

Thanks,
Capt. Greg Buckner

·
Registered
230 Posts
huh

I also think that was a Awsome Day, The Miss Suzie & I have good Recolections, I made the Madien Charter trip on her back in the 70's--We went to the Eastern & Drowned Crisfield SIZE soft Crabs for tiderunner grey trout up to 14 pounds plus-We could read the fish but No Bites , Capt. George Willing ( rip) hallard put them GD spinning rods away, we broke out the WIRE Line , 12 " Drop Seperators ,24 0z {all around lead) & put on 18 & 19 SILVER Tony's --We Trolled em.with Excellent Results -Thank ya Cecil Robbins !--Thank ya Capt. Willing,Thank Ya Tony Acetta--For a memorable day of Yesterday--Note-Capt. George Willing was a Firm Believer of throwing Beer Cans Overboard, they had just started the Save the cans for Re-Cycleing ashore --we had a large trash can & a big plastic bag liner , we SAVED all our cans ALL day --To our amazement Capt George stopped the boat in Short water in the Patuxent, Grabbed the collected can plastic Bag & DUMPED all the cans in the water-then proceeded in --He & I agreeded in what he did , in those days beer cans were made of steel with a smattering other metals --they Disintragated within the 1st. year. BUT before they did EVERY can was a haven for Oyster Spat--One can One new oyster Coloney, You never cruched the can as the drinking hole made with Church Keys would allow small fish to use the can as safe haven--Then came pop tops & Alum -& the little Havens & Spat collecters were a thing of the past --Progress Stinks -Greg, Call me on land line , so I can order my favorite Lures from yoy --Tight Lines & Robbins Rules--geo.
It's scaring me the last few of George's posts have actually made sense to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts