Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday, Ernie was recovered in the Choptank.

I hope this brings his family and friends solice.

Be careful and wear a life jacket when fishing alone, for others if not for ourselves.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
603 Posts
At least the family will finally get closure.

·
Premium Member
26,439 Posts
So glad he was found. Family suffered almost 6 months - not knowing where his body was.

I was contacted to scuba dive search but told the person wanting to donate ( I would never charge ) - where ???? Their heart was in right place but huge area where Ernie could be.

Interesting he was found near Cook Point - my best guess would have been near James island.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
603 Posts
Being a former USCG Rescue Swimmer I can tell you this, thank your lucky stars you didn't find it. I found a dozen or so bodies and they haunt you for the rest of your days, especially children. You never forget them and they hit you hard.

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
Being a former USCG Rescue Swimmer I can tell you this, thank your lucky stars you didn't find it. I found a dozen or so bodies and they haunt you for the rest of your days, especially children. You never forget them and they hit you hard.
I never found a body in the water but as a police officer in DC, I found many bodies. It never really bothered me but the smell did. You never forget it......... Gary

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
He felt it was important to let everyone know he used to be a poilceman and never forgot the smell of dead bodies. Some people feel compelled to say things like that .
Nick, I could give a rats ass what you think. You're just an old washed up know it all. Go get you a snakehead, dickhead.......... Gary

·
Registered
11,907 Posts
Nick, I could give a rats ass what you think. You're just an old washed up know it all. Go get you a snakehead, dickhead.......... Gary
What do you think every one else must have thought? You're the only one that has such a high opinion of your washed up ass You wouldn't have the patience to fish for snakeheads,You would rather sling a stink bait for catfish and wait for a bite.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts