Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me say fishing was tight this weekend though by the time you get to my Sunday report it might not sound that way. Saturday was the first time in 3 years I haven't been able to put a limit in the boat for a crew. We caught 20 or so fish with two keepers, and one throw back 30 inch slot fish(much of that will dirve a charter Capt to drinking). We did hook up a Big double with the one fish of the two I saw going over 36"s before too tight a drag poped the line. Heart breaker and a rookie mistake. Leason learned though as we boated every big fish we hooked up Sunday. Speaking of Sunday I was the first one to the Cut Channel Sunday(Back on the fish from Sat) and 20 minutes after droping in White umbella starts peeling off drag. First fish in the boat was 40 incher which we followed up with 7 more 24 to 26 inch fish before the bite slowed around 11am. 1 am top bucktail doubles up and peels the line off and Im rigging another identical rig as Bobby is pulling that one in and get it out and hook up with another hog on the way out.15 minutes later were throwing another 40 and a 35 incher in the boat. Quick turn arond and two more trips throught the mark we put down produced a 33 release and 2 more 24 to 26 inch fish. We ended up with the best limit of fish Ive boated this year. Bite was really picking up as I left. I'm not one to hold back info but Im going to be a little tight as my crew is fishing the CCA tournament next week and generalize the area as the Cut Channel. None of my fish had Sea lice and Im thinking they are MD fish moving down. Heard of a good bite 41A Wolf Trap that had some nice fish and were liced up so The CCA Greentop Tournament looks to be hitting right on time this year but will have you pulling your hair out deciding whether to go North or South. Not much time for pics this weekend but some on my Website under fishing reports. www.misterjspleasure.com

Have a good one

Bobby Jenkins

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice report Bobby. As my post said, my experience was the same as yours on Sat. Played golf Sunday. If you look at the current gauge at the top of the Cut Channel you will see little or no current Saturday and a good ebb Sunday. If the water is not moving, it is tough to catch fish. I am headed to the CBBT on a friend's Rampage Thursday hoping to catch a few hogs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim if you can send me a bmail or email on that current gauge site. I don't have it but sounds like good info.

Thanks
Bobby

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mr J's,

Thanks for the report. I was out Saturday as well and got zip. Heard another charter captain (may have been talking to you on 68) that came home with no keepers and only saved the day by casting for small fish north of Windmill.

I went to the top of the cut and north east of the RP. Marked a lot of bait, one good strike, but that was it.

I had a feeling yesterday would be a better day, but had to put the boat away and head home early.

Will be fishing the CAA on Saturday as well, so will have to decide which way to head as well. After Friday and Saturday I'm thinking about making the run to the CBBT.

"Time-Line"

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great report, now I want be getting any sleep until the Tournaments over. Were the big fish as fat as the little ones we have been culling? I'm moving my boat to the bay on Thursday or Friday and will be leaving it there for the rest of December. Will you be fishing any this week before the tournament?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for the report. I fished Windmill Pt. Saturday and nothing but throwbacks. Same for 1 hour I put in near Whitestone. Had the feeling like I should have concentrated more on the river.

·
Registered
647 Posts
At least one of the fish we caught at the Cut Channel had
sea lice lice on them. We noticed them all over the deck
after the "Chinese Fire Drill" was over!
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts