Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 140 gallon tank and has about 70 Gallons of of ethanol gas in it. Want to start using non ethanol gas now. Should I burn as much of the ethanol gas out or can I start adding non ethanol gas on top of non ethanol gas.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
I read it's best to get it down as low as possible and maybe even remove all fuel and burn in your car/truck if possible.
If you are going to burn a few hundred gallons it might not matter, can you get it down to 20-30 gal?

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
It depends on the oxygenator that is in the non-ethanol gas. I'm not an expert...just going by what mechanics have told me. I believe that all gasoline must have some sort of oxygenator (ethanol, MTBE, etc) added to ensure the fule burns clean so that we meet EPA emission requirements. Some of the "other" oxygenators may not be compatable with ethanol. My boat is ten years old, so I used gas with MTBE in the first couple of years. I made sure my tanks were as empty as possible before I started using E10 gas.

By the way...I haven't had a single problem with E10 gas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm another one of those "NO issues with ethanol people ". As long as no moisture is introduced into the fuel there is no real issue. My generator at home has 3 year old fuel and runs fine. Bought a car with 6 year old fuel and it started right up!!!!! I Dont like ethanol but it is what it is. Gas prices are high enough and my boat burns too much to pay more to get straight gas, but to answer your question you can mix the fuels with no issue no matter the mix( winter,summer) or the binders in it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
we mix 110 octane racing fuel with ethanol 87 oct.......mixes and goes on bout business 23 scarab twin 502 carbed motors...wich is for sale as well.lt's....only bout 665.00 for 55 gallons mixed to 100 regular............last two days though thats why son wants to sell....:eek2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts