Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you mix different kind of gulps together?
For example: Lets say I buy a big "alive" container in 4" mullet. Could I buy other gulps and add them to the container or will they mix colors?
Ive got a bunch of baggies of gulp and they all leak and stink up the garage. It would be nice to keep them all in the same container.
Thanks.
Cashin

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Take a few of each and put em in a baggie with some stink juice and let us know how it does. Now, more important, are you still trying the pups and have you had any luck?:))

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive tried a couple times w/ no luck. Caught a couple in December but nothing big. I think they are done until march/april. I might have to try rudee some day.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Take a few of each and put em in a baggie with some stink juice and let us know how it does. Now, more important, are you still trying the pups and have you had any luck?:))
Yeah, what he said !!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted if you find any and Ill do the same.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I keep a bunch of different ones in 1 container with no problem of bleeding colors. I jst wouldnt mix the bloodworms in the bunch.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I put some juice from a container of the 6 inch split tail what ever they are called into a bag of chartreuse swimming mullet and all of the swimming mullets stuck together. I don't know if the juice had something to do with it or what.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The juice in the saltwater gulp bags is slightly different that the gulp alive juice. The alive baits are not as tough as the gulp bag baits. The alive baits seem to tear easier. As far as keeping alive with alive it is not a problem.
That's not entirely true. They are all the same bait, but the ones in submerged in the Alive juice are softer because they've absorbed most of the juice. If you put the baits from the bags into the containers, they soften up in about an hour. I use an old peanut butter jar to store all of my gulps in. The lid seals much better than the Alive containers do, and you do NOT want that stuff leaking in your vehicle. Found that out the hard way after a trip to Hatteras this summer. :eek: I've got shrimp, swimming mullets, jerk shads, and shad bodies in there, and they all work just fine.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
20% off sale on all GULP packs....come find me - ( then remind me i said this ) and FREE ADVICE !

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only thing I noticed when mixing a bunch of different colors in a large lock-n-lock container is the darker juice from the colored baits colors the white swimming mullets just a little. It doesn't hurt because they still work fine. They come in a clearer juice so I keep them in a seperate container now so they stay a bright white.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts