Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ira and crew chartered me Saturday and it was the first time out in two weeks as mom didn't get out of the hospital to just before Thanksgiving. Took me about and hour to boat the first fish on a Grey Ghost stretch 25 just off Conrads followed quckly by a 23 incher on bottom hugging wire lined 6" shad. The catching drew the attention of other boats that boxed me in and made it hard to get back around to where we had hooked up. By the time I did get clear fish were gone so we worked up to 10 without a bite. Heading up river we found a nice bait ball that hooked up 3 at time of which we lost 1 but worked the area until again we got covered up again to the point we couldn't get back to the fish. Move out side the crowd and again found fish in 33 foot of water and finished off our 12 fish limt and released 1 for good measure before heding in around 1pm. No big fish but 2 27 and 7/8 fish and most fish were in the 23 to 25 inch range. Streches pulled at 3.2 to 4 mph with constants speed changes and direction changes caught about half of the fish (grey ghost, chartrues and red and white) while the two wire lines rigged with 6 inch shad caught the rest. I have never seen so many boats in the river there were fiberglass cities at wateview above 10 at 10 and all the way to 8. I thoght I was fishing the bay a couple of times due the the boat traffic and the close fishing. If I can keep mom well I'll be out Sat and Sunday next week. Fishing is hard but they are out there. I forgot my camera but will update my website today and post pics as soon as the crew send me some.

Have a good one
Bobby

·
Registered
477 Posts
When the fishing is hard you can't blame 'em for following the guys who are doing the catching. What will get you irritated is when they get so bunched up around you that you can't fish the spot you found. Got to frustrate the other guys though when you just move off & start pulling more fish somewhere else.:thumbup:

We saw lots of bait balls out in the bay Sat. & a lot of 'em had good hooks underneath but the fish mostly had lockjaw. There is a high pressure front coming in Tuesday so I sure wish I could fish Wednesday, gotta feeling it'll get better.;-)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was at Conrads also on Sat. We caught one at 21" and the other at 23". Red and white stretch and a char. umbrella. We had our success outside of the boats. I think the wind on the bay made a lot of people head up river. It's what made us come up there. Sorry you got boxed in. That's why we stayed at Greenvail instead of heading up to number 10. Too many boats!

Good fishing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bobby sat. Was tough for me 1 knockdown but fri. Was asesome 16 fish 4 27 under 12 between 35 and 39 biggest 23 lbs. All on the rapp if you ndont know who this is its cca randy also known as runnin broke

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bobby,

Glad you got out and hope your mom continues to improve. We fished in that traffic on Fri. Got down there about 9:30 which I heard was after a AM bite. One knockdown and a lot of frustration. Everytime I tried to pull a strech or anything WWB I had some yahoo sitting on top of it. Our first skunk in the river in 2yrs. Streak had to end sometime.

Rappangler

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Glad to hear you got out Bobby! Hope mom keeps on the up and up........I miss seeing your reports! My thoughts are with you and your family........

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was out on the Rapp Saturday and today. The water was beautiful today. Didn't catch a thing either day, but brought a brush and sponge on board so I could get my boat cleaned while trolling. With all my spare time out there, she's spotless!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
Bobby congrats on the river limit.... heard that ya'll had some fish down that way.... just be glad they haven't started pulling planer boards down there yet.

sea ya

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glad your catching Bobby really miss being up there with you but, we will be back in DVL next april from our Smithfield hiatus.
Catch em up Jimmy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts