Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking about going up to fisherman's island and catch some of those drum. Don't know whether to believe the reports or not.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
If you are referring to the Fisherman's Island at the mouth of the Bay then the reports are totally legit. If you go, be sure and look at the weather closely and also have chum and a variety of bait (sea clams/ blue crab/ some type of oily cut bait). Good Luck when you go and please post a report good or bad. Tight Lines

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are referring to the Fisherman's Island at the mouth of the Bay then the reports are totally legit. If you go, be sure and look at the weather closely and also have chum and a variety of bait (sea clams/ blue crab/ some type of oily cut bait). Good Luck when you go and please post a report good or bad. Tight Lines

Zigh
><((((*>
Never fished Fisherman's Island, but want to try it. Is an 18 ft. boat good for that area or is it too rough?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I use to fish there from out of lynnhaven in a 18 parker and a 18ft kencraft....
just know when to go and when to come back....

plus several other boats....worse problem I ever had was when the fog rolled in SUPER FAST

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You are pretty open to most winds out there except maybe a due west wind while fishing but when you come out into the Bay, anything over 10 can be bumpy and its 17 miles from Lynnhaven across.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've found its easier on the boat to just trailer across,put in at kiptopeake. Weather changes real quick in that 17 mile stretch. I wouldn't do it in anything less than a 20' with high sides. I have 24'searay deep v and my butt has puckered up several times crossing from lesner to eastern shore.
The toll sucks but if you come back that day it's 5$cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts