Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
where did you all launch from? East River side?

I fished Gwynn's Island area this afternoon. 1 20" flounder, 1 18" striper and over 30 croaker to 16" all on the flyrod.. It was really crowded up there today.

I'll probably fish Mobjack Monday but just not sure what side to put in on. I don't want to be paddling too much. East River is a long paddle.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mon. May 30th: fished Mobjack again with more nice rock fish to be had. Got spooled by one. Had a hard time getting the lure to the rockfish before the croakers would take it. I figured I would go ahead and keep some croakers since they were hitt'n like crazy, so i put on some fishbites=nothing. They would only hit lures. Another good day to be in the kayak!

· Registered
327 Posts
I was there Monday too. Did you put in at the same spot? There was a car there in the am and a truck in the pm. I saw only the kayaker at a distance in the afternoon when I left. I never saw the person in the am so they must have gone bayside and I went inland. I managed 28 stripers, 1 pup and 3 croaker that were 17-18". I lost one really large striper over 30" The rest were all 18-25". Great fun on the 7wt. The point was a zoo, there must have been 50 boats and 150 people on that beach with jetskis all over the place! I avoided that entire area. Never found the specks but the SE wind muddied up the flats pretty quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.