Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have fished all my life for specks around Gwynn's Island, Piankitank, and Deltaville. Recently relocated the boat to the Severn river, have only fished in the Mobjack a few times for them with limited success, mostly around the mouth of the East river and the mouth of the Severn. When do they start arriving here, and where's a better place start ,rather than shooting in the dark. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
573 Posts
They will be here shortly- the official/unofficial start to the season seems to be the first full moon of spring when the crabs start peeling. Turn on your PMs...

Jay

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
How Bout Your Old Stomping Grounds?

I rented kayaks for about two years and then bought a nice kayak about a year ago, relocated the Jezebel II from Deltaville to Gwynn's, and am lookiing for some skinny water advice around the area you just vacated. Got any advice there?

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the yak, I'd stick with the docks in the Pianitank, Cherry point on the North end of the island, and the "Hole in The Wall".

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ive never fished for or caught a speck before. What type of water do you find them and what do you use for bait/ lures to catch them? thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Too funny. Definitely tight lipped when it comes to speckin'. Best bet is to do some scouting as that is what it takes and is what we all had to do. Tons of good water, you just need the right pieces to come together at the right time. The flats that were mentioned are probably the Poquoson flats, directly east of the Poquoson River mouth. Both areas you mention are not bad places to start.

Todd K

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mobjack specks

Yeah Todd, I'm off all next week, plan on being out there nearly every day, scouting and chunking some plastics.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Maybe I'll see you out there. It looks like Monday or Friday for me. I'm in a Jones Brothers 1910LT, boatname Mayfly. Hope you find some!

Todd K

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Water temps. crested 55* yesterday in a lot of the shallows... Things should get started here real s00n... I'm taking the Yak out Sunday for the 1st official attempt of '07.... Gonna target Horse Point and some creeks near the mouth of the North River... I'll send along a report after my adventure.... Tight Lines:fishing2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts