Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning looking for Mr. Tom. Buddy and I set up fairly close to were we knew they were roosting. Heard em fly down but didn't gobble once. Did some sweet calling along with decoys. Nada, nothing, zippo. Couldn't figure out what happend. After truying for about two hours, we moved around to another section and found him out in the middle of the field with not one, but five hens. No wonder he didn't need to come see us, he had already set-up his dates the night before.[wink] Oh well I think I know were I'll set up in the morning. Between him and the field. Did get a couple of nice pictures of him in full strut in the field. Beard looked to be about 10 inches.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I read somewhere maybe even in one of these post, that you could scare them off of their roost and they would be scattered the next morning and come to calling a lot better. Haven't tried it myself, but it seems logical.

moe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.