Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Monday evening with Don and Brandon Honeycutt in their boat. Don fired up the propane heater, good thing too as the water and air temps were freaking cold and the wind never laid down like they said. I don't know how you CC boats do it this time of year. :pp

Dropped anchor where the birds were working over a thick school of bunker. The bunker were so thick, we even snagged a couple. Sent one bunker down and one bunker with an eel/bunker sandwhich.

Fished from 7:30 to 11:30 with 3 hits and 2 fish. I got a 37 and Brandon gets a nice fat 47 that went 41 lbs.

Lots of boats out fishing. It was slow everywhere so I think we did pretty well. Don't know if the fish are on the move due to the water temps, or too much bunker at the HR last night, or too much pressure on the fish every night.

Thanks for the invite Don and Brandon. Now off to work.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
WTG mike. noticed the temps down 3 degrees fr friday. think that did it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
great job Mike

sounds like you definitely did better than most. I was thinking about you guys as I was down your way in Suffolk against the Dismal Swamp on a search and rescue. Weird thing was, I left Suffolk at around 11pm and decide to take 58 to 464 to 64 as opposed to taking 460 back to Richmond. Temp in Suffolk was 34, in Hampton 43, then Williamsburg back down to 35. That bay and river water definitely seem to keep it a little warmer through Hampton Roads...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice job guys! Did you catch on the eel bunker sandwhich???? LOL

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Nice work guys!:thumbup:

I drifted eels ocean side of the HR from noon to dusk with only one missed run to show for it. Bait and fish were all over my FF screen. I even anchored up at the HR for an hour or so with four eels at various depths and with great marks. NADA again. We had two really cold nights. So me thinks the fish got a little lockjaw for a while until they get acclimated. That's my SWAG.:rolleyes: I did catch a decent one for the box jiggin' at the third on the way in. The current was rippin' in there!!!

OK, back on track here. Good work on the nice feesh!:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts