Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to head south monday out of OI, weather is looking good as of now....

Anyone else planning on going?

Taylor

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
tides going to be almost max flood against the wind monday morning at OI, you should be ok with only 10-12kts, but keep an eye on it

·
Registered
24 Posts
we're here now and we'll be going out of HI in the morning. just went to the docks and got reports of blackfin, false albacore and a wahoo. boats were jigging and trolling. i don't think any small boats went out this morning, it was a bit rough tomorrow looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
In my estimation the inlet will be flat as a babys ass tomorrow.

Good luck.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Please post reports. Off Tuesday and planning on drowning some ballyhoo out of OI if the weather allows. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You didn't miss much if you were going S bite was slow for y/f and blackfin.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Actually, I talked to Taylor this afternoon. He got wacked twice in the mid 400's in 200 fathoms. Ended up with 4 nice Yellowfin with one really nice Bosco sized one that trashed his bar. He said he was a bit short crewed (just Taylor & one other) as one crew member bailed without enough time to fnd another so he wasn't even able to make the most of the bites/mark. He called over one of the fleet boats near by but inside of them but it never came over to them.

WTG o'le boy!!! Congrats on your day & also the new pad!!!!!!!!

I was set to go this Thurs & Fri but looks like more crappy weather.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Bill, I'm a little slow on posting by the time I get home....

We started on the 280 and spent a good bit of time around there on the cold side and in the hot water, it was totally lifeless!
Worked up the line and around the 300 in about 96 fathoms got short bit by a couple chicken dolphin, wasnt able to find them on the "circle back". So we pressed on up the line and about 2pm got a real nice bite on the 436 200 fathoms went 1 for 3 with a two man rookie crew! turned back into it and got a double 2 for 2 and then a single after that. Talk about bottom of the 9th! what a way to save the day.
I feel like if I would have a full crew we could have done it right! But for what we had, we did good and had a blast!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tony: No auto pilot... boat tracks amazingly straight with that big rudder behind a b series!

Nemo: 3 were a little more than blts's and the spreader bar was a true Bosco

Cant wait till next time, going to be some fat crabs in collington this year:thumbup:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice work Taylor. I have been layed up in the Hospital since Saturday with nothing to do so it is good to hear that you got on them. Let me know anytime you need extra crew I will move my schedule around. Nice work talk to you later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts