Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Poormans on a day troll Monday (10/12). Nice water, but not much life that I saw.

Bailed 19 Mahi on a deep pot, but never had a bite on the troll (besides a few Mahi). Did hear of a few whites seen/caught, but didn't hear of any tuna caught while out there. Kinda wish I had made the extra run to Washington for an overnight on Sunday night - oh well...

Great late season weather with meat in the box, though - so no complaints...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
23 - we did find the nice water, but it didn't seem to hold too much life. Others fared better on the troll than we did, though. We started in the Poormans, but worked down into the poormans. Found the pot we bailed in the south poormans.

Widowmaker - nice touching base with you out there. Tried calling you - but must have been after you moved north, and out of range.

·
Registered
300 Posts
How did the other guys make out down there trolling. I'm kicking myself for not going further South but we did find a small yft inside the Baltimore that added to the meat pile. I tried calling you again once we got to the Baltimore but you were too far South by then.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Nice talking to you out there widowmaker.This is Mark from Tightrope.Mako 22 i couldnt hear you but could hear widowmaker talking to you,believe my antena sucks as i must be very close to connect.I found the blue warm water south like you said and all i was getting bit by was small peanuts.Had much better class bailing so went back to pot fishibg and caped off a limit of 30 mahi.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
FYI. Coastal Fisherman reported some big YFT in the Washington on Monday but didn't give much info or a boat name.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice talking to you out there widowmaker.This is Mark from Tightrope.Mako 22 i couldnt hear you but could hear widowmaker talking to you,believe my antena sucks as i must be very close to connect.I found the blue warm water south like you said and all i was getting bit by was small peanuts.Had much better class bailing so went back to pot fishibg and caped off a limit of 30 mahi.
Nice talking to you as well Tight Rope. I lost all of you guys in the Poormans when I got up to the Baltimore but I was able to talk to a friend in the Wilmington when we were in the Poormans so I guess we had good radio range here and there. I looked at a chloro shot from Monday and I guess that blue water that I was really looking for moved further down and in. I heard on another forum someone had 3 30-40 yfts just South of us. Maybe they were in this water? Did anyone make it to this water?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I trolled home from South Poormans to the 40 fa line... never a bite, and not a whole lot of life other than the occasional turtle. Did hit some nice weeds/rips around the 35/40 fa line, though.

Best life I saw was in the deep of South Poormans - with a few tuna chicks, etc. That is where we found a pot covered with Mahi.

·
Registered
99 Posts
FYI. Coastal Fisherman reported some big YFT in the Washington on Monday but didn't give much info or a boat name.
We were in Washington on Monday ...didnt reach canyon till around 1:30 as we spent time in Poormans jumpimg poly balls with 24 Mahi.. when we reached Washington we were greeted with green water but we were there and had a flat of butters to burn ...we left canyon around 5 but did manage to boat 3 yft on chunk ....65..70 and 75 lbs.. ok for 3 hours of chunking !!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice talking to you as well Tight Rope. I lost all of you guys in the Poormans when I got up to the Baltimore but I was able to talk to a friend in the Wilmington when we were in the Poormans so I guess we had good radio range here and there. I looked at a chloro shot from Monday and I guess that blue water that I was really looking for moved further down and in. I heard on another forum someone had 3 30-40 yfts just South of us. Maybe they were in this water? Did anyone make it to this water?

one boat out of OC ended day with 8 yft all caught on troll in the area you pointed out ...30-40 lb class we finished our day on Monday chunking in Washington boating 3 yft in 3 hours ....65....70....and 75 lbs .

·
Registered
300 Posts
one boat out of OC ended day with 8 yft all caught on troll in the area you pointed out ...30-40 lb class we finished our day on Monday chunking in Washington boating 3 yft in 3 hours ....65....70....and 75 lbs .
Damn 8 fish in there that's nuts. I heard a boat had 3 but 8 is a banner day. I guess we are in a holding pattern now until this NW blow comes through. Maybe fish again next week sometime.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts