Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been absent from the boards. Just plain busy.

Went out with Leon Yesterday, started at HMI topwater before light. Crazy green lights in the water. Anyone else ever see this? It's cool. Only one swirl, so we headed south. Stopped outside the PAT and caught 2 keepers, several shorts and 1 small blue on the troll then Got a call to head south (Thanks Puggs!). We did that in a hurry until one of Leon's motors dropped RPM's then DIED! So, we finished our limit with a 26" and 28" and started the slow ride home.

At the slip, the no. 5 spark plug was melted pretty good. Only 515 hrs on the 2001 Yam ox66.

Great day of fishing, bad day of boating.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I know the ending to that story to well and that sucks . Leon hopefully you can get out of that with it not hurting your pocket to bad. good report on the fish.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
I have seen the luminessence you saw on the wtaer. I have seen it in the patapsco as well as in the ocean during bluefish trips out of NJ..distrubing the water gets the little criiters excited and glowing..

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Jellyfish:rolleyes: I used to see them in October and November over the years fishing the backside of HMI -the lighted piers. I would also see them @ Pooles. When you take off look back in your prop wash its a cool looking green

Phil(lily):yes:

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Sorry about the motor Leon. I can empathize!

We saw the glowing green jellyfish around our pier during September. VERY COOL.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Leon call me if you need any help with the motor removal
If you need a ride out this fall, let me know
You are always welcome - Nov 10 through Xmas we will be hitting PLO for bigguns
Till then we will be staying local topwater and evening livelining
I feel your pain brother, good luck
You know my # if you need me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts