Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the lake and fished about 4 hours, still a lil early for the yellow perch, temp was good 38, but they do not seem schooled up yet. Alewives were down about 60'. Ended up catching 2 pickerel, 1 perch and 1 smallmouth on 1/4oz gold buddys about 20' deep. Still waiting to get boat back, couple of weeks, hopefully............

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
WHEN DO YOU START GUIDING SALTWATER ? PEOPLE ASK ME 1000'S OF TIMES IF I COULD REFER A SALTWATER GUIDE.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I lived in Clifton Forge, which is in Alleghany County, untill I moved here in 2000. I mostly trout fished in those beautiful rivers and native streams. I used to take the kids to Lake Moomaw which is in Alleghany/Bath County to camp out. We would catch loads of nice perch in the upper lake when the lake was low. I sure miss those days. I never got a handle on the big trout in the lake since I was a bank fisherman back then.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now the bait and trout are really to deep, start of March should start hittn, I usually look for bait or good marks, both together is really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts