Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Can you say "deathwish"? I wonder what he thought he'd do with the speargun. It is too long to commit suicide when the shark bites his legs off.:eek2:

·
Registered
635 Posts
You said it Cutter! That dude is friggin nuts. Makes for a good video and/or entry into the yearly Darwin awards.

David

·
Registered
49 Posts
That dude is nothing more than Timothy Treadwell in a wet suit. F with the bull long enough, you'll get the horns- I promise!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
That's the bear guy right? The one that got eaten... and was stupid enough to bring a girl out there...who also got eaten...
I'd put this a55 clown in the same category too. With that size animal, it only takes once :boat: :helpsmilie: :death:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Saw that one a couple of weeks ago. Those guys have some big cahones.:eek2:
The spear gun was actually a tranquelizer gun, that's how they got the shark to be so mellow.:D
Really though,
  • No chum in the water to excite them
  • Not on the feed, just currious
  • Actually a very graceful animal with a bad rap
Would I do it? Nope!!!!! But, it does show that it is a beautiful animal that can be somewhat gentle in nature.

Later, Harry

·
Registered
120 Posts
Initiative vs Judgment

Some fantastic underwater photography. Great initiative in attempting something like that now judgment on the other hand . . .? Wonder if they will make it to the age of most of us on this board? What's the old saying: "Older age and treachery will overcome youth and inexperience any day?"

Steve

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's probably not as dangerous as you think. I assume that the guys doing this know quite a lot about great whites. I have no basis for this statement but- it's probably safer than getting in the car to go to work. Would I do it? Sorry, I just ate and I can't swim for a while.

·
Registered
578 Posts
That guy is the leading Great White researcher in South Africa. He knows what he's doing and takes it quite seriously. He is well aware it's a risky undertaking. Notice how the shark turns to him when he turns away...that's just exactly what it's waiting for! I suspect he was at his tolerance limit and got out of the water immediately upon completion of that video clip, which would be a WHOLE lot longer than I would be there.
Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts