Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left little creek at 0530 yesterday and ran to golf ball to find the bite, no luck. My buddies son had never seen a whale before so we stopped to check out a passing hump back. Then the motor started acting funny and quit. I pulled the racor filter and there was a lot of sludge in the bottom bowl. I had a new one on the boat so I changed it out. Then when I looked at the in line filter under the cowling I saw a divison in the fluid so I figured there is water there. I pulled off the line and drained off the fuel and drained the bowls in the top two carbs didn't have tools to get to the bottom one. Got her going and ran back to the barn got within 100yds of the launch and she died. With the help of the nice people at the marina store I get in with a tow from a dingy. The lady at the store sold me two products one that is a water absorbant and another to help kill bacteria. I am going one step further and pulling up the access panels to the tank and hopefully finding a hand hole access big enough to muck out the gas tank. She blamed it on the ethanol. I checked for water in the tank with water paste a few weeks ago, no water. I changed the racor filter a few weeks ago. Maybe the bumpy ride yesterday dislodged a bunch af **** in my tank and wound up in the filters. After the ride back in the fuel looked bad kind of milky definately water emulsion. Has anyone ever expierenced this problem and what did you do to fix it? Oh and to top it all off the Patriots lost. Jon

·
Registered
274 Posts
If it's a small amount of water, the Racor should be able to handle it. Check it frequently & empty as necesary. If it's alot of water, you will need to have the tank pumped (the fuel can be filtered & returned).

Have seen some good things about MDR E-Zorb, but have not tried it. I have been avoiding Ethanol

http://www.mdramazon.com/ethanolfaq.htm

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
ETHANOL

Could this be as a result of using Ethanol?
Are your Tanks Metal/Alum or Plastic and has it sat long with this gas in it??

I have Heard of this similar issue and it was due to just that... Ethanol does not sit long well at all...\\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts