Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my bow hunting partner. As some of you know we saw to really nice bucks on a farm in Surry County a few days ago. Its a small farm that until now he and myself were gonna have all to ourself during bow season. Well, it seems that the owner of the property told his lawyer frien that we had spot the two large bucks, here is where it turns $hitty. The lawyer has given the owner lots of dollars for the hunting rights. The owner called my friend and informed him that we can't hunt now.

Get this, the lawyer has offer to buy our stands that we scouted and put in place so we won't have to bother to come get them. We told the owner no way and we would come and get them.

We are going after our stuff Saturday Morning around first light, We are gonna drink plenty coffee on the way to be sure and piss in the woods several times. I'm cooking us a very big breakfast also which should lead to a couple steaming piles. I'm also gonna work xtra hard tommorrow not wearing any deoderant so my sweaty work cloths from the day before should smell nice.

We have six stands in place. The plan is to get three in the morning and go back for the other three during peak afternoon hours.

DEAN

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'd make sure to pull the nastest clothes from the bottom of the laundry basket out. Also since you may not remember where you placed those stands you might have to walk all over the property looking for them too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That too bad. You could disengage gracefully..... Take the lawyer's money and make some sort of a profit from it.

Instead of nothing at all....

Any rate, you lose, at least reap something from the bad situation, better than expending the effort of ****** all over the woods. It's the farmer's call on who hunts....

...remember?

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm with will, make something on this. Sell high!!! Your not going to get anything out of taking the stands down.

PS. not too rub it in but this is a lesson for everyone. I've had something very similar happen, by someone I thought was a friend. Keep big buck sightings quite. Talking is for after the season. Take it from someone that learned the hard way!

Lawyer has the money, take what you can get! Price of new better stands plus your scouting time!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ketch69,

see how bad that lawyer wants those stands. I'd say, make as much as you can. when does an attorney have time to go in and scout and then set up decent stands. figure the cost of the stands, all the bait you have ever put down, and $300/hour of your labor to scout, hang stands, clear trails, clear shooting lanes, etc.

and next time keep your mouth shut. i hunt with a group of guys that invited me into their club. they all like to hunt a certain part of the farm and you usually don't see them anywhere else. UNTIL, you mention a big buck or they see you draggin deer a couple of times. then, they are all over your area. keep your mouth shut.[grin]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Go to Wally World and buy a bunch of cheap perfume and aftershave on your way... make sure the bottle are empty after you pick up your stands. [wink]

·
Registered
728 Posts
Dean, I'm with you. Next time, don't tell. It's just like fishing...
"Any luck?"
"Naw, it's been slow all day..." (But you have limited out on flounder and trout and are one short of a drum limit).

But don't spray perfume - I have a buddy that just for kicks soaked some cottonballs in perfume and the deer just came right up and sniffed the heck out it!

Find some dog turds - that should work too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Don't for get to stop and get a hair cut. Get all the hair you can and spread it around.

If you have a dog it would be good excerise to take him with you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rolf

I can't. It seam that you are not logged in or something. There is no bmail link in your post to click on. I can't find the list of what you ordered. Let me know what it was and I'll get it done ASAP.

For the rest of you.

I don't want the lawyers money. It was totally wrong for them to do what tehy did and we are gonna do our best to push the deer out of that area. We didn't tell about seeing the big deer. It seems taht the land owner had also given the lawyer dude permission to hunt during black powder season. He was doing a little looking around and found one od Adam's trail cameras and helped himself to a look. He saw something he really liked and prceeded to buy the spot out from under us. We won't get a chance at teh big deer but he won't either. We also found out that he has purchased a crossbow to hunt with during bowseason. I now like the new crossbow deal even less.

I have human hair(stopped by my friends barber shop). I have very stinky clothes. I have cheap cigars.

Some of you might think what we are gonna do but we are really looking forward to it. I don't like getting walked on by money.

DEAN

·
Registered
61 Posts
You know Dean, up here in Maryland, there are laws that prohibit interference with a hunter, while in the lawful pursuit of game. Don't know if you have the same laws in Virginia, maybe that lawyer will get wind of what you're doing and sue you.

Your posts on this board is sufficient evidence of intent. Hope he doesn't find out.

That's how they get rich. Taking advantage of stupid people.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well

So much for you calling me stupid. The rich boy fell while trying to get in one of my stands this morning and ripped a chunk out of his thigh on one of the steps. When we arrived this morning the land owners wife said he had just called for help on the cell phone. We retreived our stands and have already hung them elsewhere. Too bad for the rich dude, his leg wad not looking good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I guess the term "Virginia Gentleman" doesn't exist anymore. Hope he gets better.

It's bad Karma to enjoy the misfortune of someone else.

Glad you guys ain't in my foxhole up here..... [sad]

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
633 Posts
Man that sucks I have lost all my good hunting spots like that. It was free to us then someone offers him a $hit load of money and bam you are out. What ever happened to a handshake and
helping the farmer plant his fields and such for those privlages to hunt?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Will,

Did you ever think that just maybe the karma was biting the lawyer in the ass this morning by him falling and getting hurt for tossing his weight around and screwing other people out of their entire hunting season???
Ketch69, I don't even know you but I'd come down to help you pull those stands just for the CHANCE to screw the lawyer out of a big buck on that property.
Karma. What comes around goes around. Maybe the attorney at law is at home tonight considering his actions and that what he had done was screwed up and the karma got him. I don't wish the guy any physical ill will, but I sure hope he never kills a big deer on that property after the way he got the hunting rights.

Ketch69 good luck this year and I hope you kill a monster... you deserve it after this raw deal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes. Bad karma goes both ways in this instance. What the lawyer did to Dean and his hunting partner was wrong, but for them to retaliate like what they have, or may have, is wrong too.

The farmer's the problem. He gave permission, then took it back over greed.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We didn't do jack. He had fallen out of the stand before we even got there. He was trying to get in one of my hang-ons that had the first two steps on the bottom of the tree removed. Some people just don't get it.

Anyway, I'm off to sit for a while behind the house. We need a fat doe to cook at the Mud Bog this weekend[grin]

DEAN

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's another one of those hunting don't evers:

a) don't ever screw another hunter's hunting rights
b) don't ever climb another man's stand or one that you can't vouch for...

I'm never happy about hearing about any hunting injury but there's a reason why safety rules exist. Hope you all can work something out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts