Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have not tried to many of the hotels down there but this time of year the Amerisuites in Atlantic Beach is really nice, and the rooms start at 69 a night, and the Econo Lodge in Morehead is ok but it starts at around 40 a night. Whatever you do I would try to stay away from the Buccaneer Inn, that has been the worst place I have ever stayed in. Good luck. Jay

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just stayed at the Buccaneer Inn in Morehead. Nice clean place and very convenient. I paid a whopping fully loaded $56 for a non-smoking room with two queen beds.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-398378-best_western_buccaneer_inn-i

Jon

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
I've stayed & fished from the Blue Marlin Motel.You can launch your boat there,tie up your boat directly out your window a few feet right on on a canal.Your at the inlet in a few minutes.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to give the econo lodge a try the first night and maybe go walk around the buc. and see if that looks any better. I'm looking for cheap, but not too gross. I will be busy with work all week so I wont be doing any fishing from a boat but might get to try some surf fishing. Do you think any blufish or stripers might be around?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Palm Suites is a great little place in Atlantic Beach...$75 per night and it included a slip. We slept 3 in each room comfortably, 2 twin beds and a pull out sofa.....walk right out to your boat in the water. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.