Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water yesterday evening with FlyOV. It was tough numbers were low, but then "Mosca de la Noche" arrived and helped us out. Lots of hunting them down, finicky fish, cross wind howling, arrrrgh, all part of it! No moes, but they were all FLBs.:D Whatever they were eating, they were eating a lot of it!

Later, Harry

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
nice going harry.
I can see I'm going to have to dewinterize my boat. If you are getting them down there. They should be at the mouth of the delaware as well. Darn and I can't do it till sat.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Way to go Capt Harry. Looks like fun to me. Those fish have beautiful color.

Just when the Susky Flats was starting to look pretty good and get warmed up a bit, we have more rain and snow coming our way. Your fishing is looking pretty good right now. The fish on the flats are bleached out and have been here all winter. The long distant swimmers have not arrived yet.

If the Flats get seriously muddy, I am going to see if the Roanoke gets spared.

·
Registered
239 Posts
nice goin! those look like some pretty fish, wish we could have a shot at a few here on the flats, but with all this weather looks like its gonna be a little longer still

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah.... that's my dawg... that's my dawg...
WTG... they don't have to be sally to be fun.. little fish need love too!!!:rockon:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Harry, can that de done with a kayak? Yeah, I know you gotta pick yer days, but isi it reasonably safe? I think there are a bunch of guys on the TKFA group who do...

...lemme know your thoughts.

-- Doug

PS: Post that pic of the fish in the light line HERE, too. It's cool

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Fall is serious fishing, spring fishing is for fun.:beergood: Summer might get somewhat more serious this year.;)
Old Man,
Yep!!! If you go to the HRBT you'll most likely see 4-5 other yaks at a minimum on any given night. That bridge is the Meca for the yaks in the area, short easy access combined with some good fishing.:thumbup: It's pretty protected from anything without North in it. Hit up those guys in the TKAA, great group of folks who would enjoy you to go with them I'm sure. Kayak Kevin is the HRBT Bandit, and in my opinion "The Man" when it comes to kayak fishing.:thumbup: I think those guys plan out there CBBT trips. So Yes, it's way do-able in a yak, probably easier at the HRBT than in a boat. Just be prepared to paddle into a lot of current.
They've all seen the pic here before, but just for you man!:D

Later, Harry

·
Registered
241 Posts
harry' is that them stacking up at the lightline. wow would love to have anything on a fly now. goota shovel my driveway tonight......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, that's what it looks like as you look down from the bow. That pic has them pretty thick, but it's one step down from cattle prodding.:D It was not like that Thursday night, lot's of hunting. Wish you were here to enjoy it with us, instead of dealing with snow.
Later, Harry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts