Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
And now almost 20 years later that spot is still the "Eddie Buck Stand".Might as well post a pic Nicbuc.

Mine was when I was fifteen.Thirty one years ago.Started hunting with my day at the ripe age of 8 carrying his stool.Got my first gun,a 12 gauge bigger than me at age 10 and started hunting.At age 12 dad jumps two does at starts yelling ,here they come,here they come,I hear them coming from behind me and jump up off my stool and my first shot got one.Rolled her.Dad was proud.My first deer.
That was one and now when I was 15 yr. old story.
I had killed two small bucks by now but never a trophy.I got a 15" eight pointer earlier in that year.Now it was Xmas eve at noon and four of us left hunting.Was ready to go also but the other three wanted to put on one more short hunt in these thick pines next to this field.So I drag in the woods and stand by a tree.Don't even kick the leaves out under my feet because it's no deer in there I thought.And I heard the leaves stiring soming my way.I see this buck with nice horns but put the bead on my 12 gauge on his shoulder like dad taught me,Don't look at the horns he says,and pulled the trigger. He keeps going and I put a load at his tail.Then here comes one little beagle with the dog driver and he asked what I had shot.I told him a small buck like the one I killed earlier in the year.Well we proceed to follow Brownie the beagle about 50 yards and there lie this huge thick nine pt. with 10" center tines.First load was the killer in the shoulder and second put a handfull of shot around his tail.Couldn't wait to get home and tell dad.No cell phones back then.

· Registered
780 Posts
Ok,the truth.
I was hunting this cut over black powder season and saw deer on another part of it.So the next season I move my hang on stand to where I saw these deer and Nicbuc puts a tripod where my hang on was.He goes before season with video camera in tripod and videos this nice 8 pt.Well come black powder season I get in my stand,he gets in his and my brother was in another tripod on same ~100 cutover.We had it covered but "Video Buck" come out on my side.I watch him walk into cutover and at 100 yrds. I let the smoke fly.He starts crashing across cutover toward my brother and he can hear him but can't see him because of a road between us with small pines.But half way to the road he drops out of site.Yea,got him.I think that is how it went.
Thanks for helping me drag him out Nicbuc.Now get out there with your camera again and scout me another one up.[grin][grin]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.