Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one from Richmond called "Love in The Fast Lane"

[q]You: Hot Asian girl, driving a white Honda Civic with Florida tags, near Gaskins Road.

Me: White guy, driving a Chevy truck, with a really cool ladder strapped to the back.

As you blocked traffic in the middle lane, I passed you on the right. Through my side mirror, I stared soulfully into your eyes. You smiled.

If you were on your way home, or heading to New York, you were lost.

Coffee?
[/q]

And how about this for heartwarming - and who said that hanging out by the ladies room doesn't pay off!

[q]Short Pump Mall Rainy Saturday - w4w - 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-02-11, 3:31PM EST

you were walking into the restrooms near Soak....I was in a puffy periwinkle columbia jacket (with my visiting dad). You were in the heels and you gave me an interesting look. Tell me what that's about?
[/q]

I tell ya what that's about you perv - you CREEPED HER OUT SINCE YOU WERE STARING AT HER WHILE SHE WAS TRYING TO GO PEE

Jeez

And this not from star-crossed lovers really warms the heart:

[q]BB&T girl shopping at Target... - m4w

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2006-02-09, 9:16PM EST

I saw you a couple of times in passing around the store and thought to myself she is a cutie but I was too busy to take a good look. However, I ended up behind you at the checkout and thanks to Opie (the slowest checkout boy ever) I was able to spend some quality time checking you out. I must admit that you are one of the few women that get prettier up close. You went from being a possible cutie to extremely hot. I am sure you are very well aware of your hotness and do not need my approval but I thought you were special enough that I would share my first Craigslist MC moment with you. You did not seem the type to be into guys who buy their clothes from Target but I was desperate and I have a very good explanation if you care to hear it.
[/q]

But since I'm never one to leave out ****'s, here's a little gem from our State Capitol:

[q]"Illionoise" tee shirt boy, WHERE ARE YOU? - m4m - 26

Date: 2006-02-04, 2:17AM EST

so okay. at times, i'm horribly slow at processing my thoughts. anyway, today while it was a very richmond in february seasonal 75,000 degree day, i decided to take a walk through the fabulous little patch of downtown that i call home.

while passing the police station on the corner of jefferson/madison and grace (you know, the one with the huge duct tape police head on the side of it), i notice this rather enchante' boy coming towards me that definitely had a certain gay twitch, but still very cute nonetheless. i'll just forget that i saw him get off of a GRTC bus. black hair, if i recall.

when he walks by i notice he has on a tee shirt that says "c'mon feel the illinoise". now COULD IT REALLY BE that SOMEONE else in this town is 1) gay and knows that "illinois" is sufjan steven's newest release...and 2) knows who sufjan stevens is and is actually as big a fan of sufjan as me? obvi me being the stupid ***** i am, i didn't run after him because OBVI i didn't process it till like 1 minute earlier. and as fast as queens walk in downtown richmond, hell, that boy could have been at the mexican border by then.

so please, illinoise shirt boy, obviously you live downtown and close to me, you were heading towards belvidere street, so if you get this...reply to it!!!
[/q]

But the most pathetic "Missed Connections" on Craigslist is a guy looking for a woman he met in a bar, 12 years later:

[q]Searching for Judy - 49

Reply to: pers-12[email protected]
Date: 2006-01-23, 12:03PM EST

I met a beautiful Judy 12 years ago who bartended part-time at the Lonestar Steakhouse and Saloon on West Broad Street; unfortunately, I did not get her last name prior to leaving Richmond and I've been regretting it ever since. In 1994, in addition to her bartending job, she also worked in the healthcare field, drove a white Mustang, and lived on Hungry Springs Road. If you are this Judy and would like to revisit this memory, then please e-mail me and satisfy my curiousity.

[/q]

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Most Pathetic

Oh but wait, there's more!

[q]burgundy subaru outback in McDonald's parking lot - w4m

Date: 2006-02-14, 2:51PM EST

bright-eyed, pixie-haired girl-type in teal sweatshirt, leather jacket, with cell phone pressed against left ear and messenger bag weighing down on right shoulder seeks to verify existence of driver of a burgundy subaru outback with the (just polite?) pleasing, unforgettable smile (just right for the moment, perhaps only coincidentally).

I've got a funny story for you.
[/q]

Yeah, I got a funny story for you too pal. A guy sees a strange girl who happens to look his way while smiling at what is being said to her on the phone, and this desperate loser fantasizes his way right out of reality and develops a relationship with her, which only exists in his head. He acts on his fantasy, and ends up in jail for being a stalker.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Most Pathetic

[Q]TroutThink originally wrote:
this desperate loser fantasizes his way right out of reality and develops a relationship with her, which only exists in his head. He acts on his fantasy, and ends up in jail for being a stalker.
[/Q]This is what I was talking about before. Sick puppies, this type. I WOULD feel comfortable putting a wiretap on these wackos.

G

·
I actually submitted a "Missed Connection" to craigslist one time.

Subject: You have a cleft palate, I have a prosthetic eye

We really got off on the wrong foot.

I'm so sorry for my horrible reaction to your response when I asked you for a date, but as you can imagine I'm quite sensitive about my handicap - particularly given that my financial situation makes it such that I have such a low-budget prosthetic. I now understand that it was your eagerness that caused your hasty response that I initially found so insensitive. It was wrong of me to point out your own handicap that I'm sure you are self-aware of as well, and I hope that you can forgive me. So I ask again... Would you go out with me ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts