Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called around to see if ramps are frozen and got a yes. Not sure about Fort Armistad. If anyone knows different please post. Fish should be at the WW Discharges.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Well its that time of year I guess. :( Just a little hint, if the ramps are not iced in and you can put your boat on the water just be careful when you get back that the ramp is not iced up. I take a 5gl bucket full of cat litter with me and put on the ramp, it does help.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,
I have two bags of salt and a shovel. You hear every year about guys not being able to drive up the frozen ramps. Plus you know that only happens to you if no one else is around to give you a hand.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Whenever I hear about ramps getting forzen I start getting real excited. I think the front tow hooks on my F-250 will come in handy.

I have gotten stuck with the boat on the ramp LOTS of times. But, a buddy and a long chain goes a long way! Get your partners to drive seperatly and meet you at the ramp. One car is the death curse.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I have my tow strap in the truck and also my shovel. Hey J it sure isn’t like the CBBT is it. I’ll give you a call in a little while.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
I think I will take a ride down there at HH on Friday after work and see whats up.There is going to be skim ice in the AM if you go early.

Just let SteveF launch first,his C Skiff can handle logs and ice wont be a problem I'm shure:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts