Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but for me, the thought behind the gift is the most important. One stands out in my mind as the "most" romantic one that I ever received. This was given to me a few years ago by my husband. He presented me with a dozen yellow roses and a card. Upon opening the card it read something like this..."If you look closely at the roses and count them you will notice there are only eleven. For the 12th one you will have to look into the mirror...I love you...your husband."
That was unforgetable and without a doubt THE most romantic gift I've ever received. Diamonds alone don't even come close. Only one downside...from that point on you will never be able to make a mistake and give a complete dozen of roses.[tongue]

Anybody else have a romantic gift story to share--either given or received?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've done several that worked well. If you put some thought into it and make it personal it will be a hit.

I always buy my cands in January when there is the best selection and pick up some extras for during the year. Twenty dollars worth of cards generate tons of benefits.

I always buy blank cards and write my own message. Any heartfelt message is better than any the card companies can write.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]nu2fishing originally wrote:
They say that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but for me, the thought behind the gift is the most important. One stands out in my mind as the "most" romantic one that I ever received. This was given to me a few years ago by my husband. He presented me with a dozen yellow roses and a card. Upon opening the card it read something like this..."If you look closely at the roses and count them you will notice there are only eleven. For the 12th one you will have to look into the mirror...I love you...your husband."
That was unforgetable and without a doubt THE most romantic gift I've ever received. Diamonds alone don't even come close. Only one downside...from that point on you will never be able to make a mistake and give a complete dozen of roses.[tongue]

Anybody else have a romantic gift story to share--either given or received?
[/Q]

Bet that earned him a winters night roll.
Women can be so gullable this time of year.

Bert

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Called her boss and asked for some time off for her... had a limo pick her up at the office (she didn't want to leave... LOL), and take her to the spa, then to a resturant where I was waiting...

The only problem now, is topping it...

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
[Q]Al B originally wrote:
Called her boss and asked for some time off for her... had a limo pick her up at the office (she didn't want to leave... LOL), and take her to the spa, then to a resturant where I was waiting...

[/Q]

Do it all over again but this time wear a Brad Pitt pullover mask...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[Q]rbr originally wrote:

Bet that earned him a winters night roll.
Women can be so gullable this time of year.

Bert
[/Q]

I think this was one of those "no special occasion gifts" which made it even more special. But you're wrong about the "a" winters night roll. [wink] I think about it often. Might just be worth your while to try it.[wink]

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
I was thinking the tu-tu, clown nose, snorkle and flippers.....
[/Q]
Al...No...

I tried that, not so good...

·
Registered
798 Posts
This year I got her some golf shoes. When she washes my truck in the wintertime, she is prone to slip and fall on the ice. The metal cleats should do well when she is shoveling the driveway also. I do worry that she may slip and fall. I put them in a hatbox and wrapped in up very nice with a pink ribbon (for love).[grin]

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]fishfool originally wrote:
This year I got her some golf shoes. When she washes my truck in the wintertime, she is prone to slip and fall on the ice. The metal cleats should do well when she is shoveling the driveway also. I do worry that she may slip and fall. I put them in a hatbox and wrapped in up very nice with a pink ribbon (for love).[grin]
[/Q]

Glad to see you are not a wuss like Al.

Bert

·
Registered
4,428 Posts

[/Q]

You could have gotten off cheaper elsewhere.

Bert

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
You should test a woman's appreciation for a meaningful valentine's day gift early in the relationship. If it improves her attitude in general for most of the year then by all means make the investment. Is she's just gonna be lovey-dovey for a day or two, and the usual bipolar *****-on-wheels the bulk of the year then why bother. Buy her something dirty from a cheap catalog and secretly buy yourself a new reel with the money. Just think of the high dollar fishing line you could spool up with for that kinda cash.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
My gift to my wife is me.
For I am a good husband, great father, friend, protector, supporter... I am MAN & that is all a woman should need.

I tell women keep an eye on a man that is bearing gifts. Many times those gifts are driven by guilt.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
[Q]hedjug originally wrote:
For I am a good husband, great father, friend, protector, supporter... I am MAN & that is all a woman should need.

I tell women keep an eye on a man that is bearing gifts. Many times those gifts are driven by guilt.
[/Q]

That is the best gift. Your wife is a lucky woman.

I would have a fit if my husband wasted $85 on a dozen roses. One rose to me is as beautiful as 12. Just his coming home safely is enough .....he can skip even the one rose.

Of course I wouln't turn down a new casting rod.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[Q]hedjug originally wrote:

[/Q]

Does your wife express the same sentiments as you? If she does 1 of 2 things...either she's been sufficiently brainwashed or you really are as good a MAN as you believe you are. Personally, I think you should give her a stout pair of boots for wading in that BS.[grin]

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
[Q]nu2fishing originally wrote:
Does your wife express the same sentiments as you? If she does 1 of 2 things...either she's been sufficiently brainwashed or you really are as good a MAN as you believe you are. Personally, I think you should give her a stout pair of boots for wading in that BS.[grin]
[/Q]

That was good! [smile]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts