Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Island Hotel was there but was damaged by Isabel. Anyone know if it reopened or if there is another motel on the island?
Thanks

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
I stayed there last November and wished that I had saved my money. They are going through an ownership change/insurance no pay drill and maintenance/upgrades have all but ceased. Stay if you must but I’m going to wait ‘till they fix it up a little.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I stayed at the Dockside Inn in Deltaville in July.Not a bad place with a boat landing 200 yds. away that they charge $5 to launch.You can fish more or less the same waters.I paid $55 a night on a weekday.It was taken over by a new owner the day I left.Old people working there that got the boot said the place was going to change but not for the good.Well see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It used to be nice when I was a kid but it has been a dump for the last 10 years. There is a campground on the island if you feel like roughing it a little. Camper's Haven is the name.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Was at Gwynn's earlier this summer. The Islander is in sad shape and I would not stay there.

Via internet, found "Moon Cottage" in Moon, Va near Mathews. Real nice room and bath with sceened porch attached to an old farm house with immaculately landscaped grounds for $65. The couple who own the place are wonderful people. 804-725-5667

The cottage is about 15 minutes from Gwynns and less to the ramps on East River.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The owners of the Islander just settled with the insurance company. I would not look for any upgrades though. They have applied with the county to tear down the place and build suites that will be sold and individually owned. They plan on tearing everything down and rebuilding a new restaurant and suites.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Yeah-That place is in rough shape, but they do have slips available. A good friend of mine keeps his boat there and it isn't the best place, but it is inexpensive and probably okay for a short term stay on the boat.

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does anyone know who handles the slips that are behind the hotel? Might be that way over the Labor Day weekend and would not mind having a place to leave the boat in the water. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
the slips adjacent to the motel and the covered slips are all handled by Preston Jenkins. I am not sure if they are in the phone book under the Islander name or Narrows Marina. If you are talking about the slips on the other side of the landing that is Pulleys Marine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts