Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the derby in reedeville friday and saturday and boy what a difference a day makes...Friday not a wave bigger than a foot all day. Fish cooperating, just not the right sized ones...Saturday, well lets just say the only luck we had was surviving the beating the bay put out...Friday we fished the middle grounds early with a few rock and croaker biting..Then off to the target ship for the afternoon with the bluefish biting ..Oh and one very large cow nose ray...Like i said though none of the fish were of the proper weight, in other words little ones..Saturday high hopes soon turned sour when we cleared the jetty and started across the potomac...abrupt about face south to hide from wind as best we could....Made it to the nn reef anchored fished a lil' bit ...don't know if i could have reeled one in for fear of falling out..Left and headed for cover on western edge of channel just south of 63A and managed 4 blues and 3 oyster toads..the toads were plenty big but the blues weren't..WEll thats our tourney in a nutshell ....Hope some TFer's cashed a check oh and i'd do it all again tomorrow if ya'll want...GL Donnie B...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well I see that I wasn't the only one who tried it on Saturday. We tried to go North but the water was to rough. I donated a bucket of chum to the NNAC without catching a fish. Did have one good hit that only stole my bait. Fished about an hour and called it quits. Went back to the river and couldn't even catch a croaker. Threw the towel in and went back to the cottage and rested.
Bubba[angel][angel]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts