Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to change the motor oil in my 350 mercruiser. Would like to run royal purple motor oil or a mobile one full synthetic. Little hesitant about not using quicksilver 25w40. Is there a safe motor oil to use other than quickersilver. I want my motor to last and get optimal performance. Also considering running bosh platinum for spark plugs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Warrantee has nothing to do with the brand oil you use so long as you use the proper specification of oil. The use of full synthetic is great but not necessary. If you use your boat thru the winter the synthetic might provide a little easier cranking at start up. How many hours are you putting on the engine between oil changes? Truthfully, have you ever heard of an oil related engine failure other then someone running the engine out of oil. Prior to owning diesels I ran numerous gas engine thousands of hours on regular motor oil. Diesels go 200 hours between oil changes on regular oil and are under a lot more stress then gas engines. As far a spark plugs go, different brands can react differently in motors. I usually stick with what the manufacture recommends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts