Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the invite from TF'er Cath. Long time friend..about 30 years. Today was the day.

I had to go to the shop early, and was trying to get out.

Talked to JohnnyO, and JBchaser in the past few days. They were gonna get out a little later than Cath and I.

Ran to TPL, threw into the rocks, current was ripping. We decided to head a little North and inside, did well there a while ago. J'O called..told him, no action.

Nada, no bird action...carp. Cath decided we are going towards Ebay. Pulled in the jiggin' stuff, drop the trollin' stuff. Took a leasurely cruise toward BPL. Nada.....winds were kickin' up. Got close. JB called, headed toward Ebay would holler if he found them.

Heard running North from someone was useless in the past few days.

We pulled the trollin' rods after no marks for about 15 minutes. Ran into Ebay near the #1, was hot yesterday (from whatI heard). SW winds had 3-4 footers pushing us up. There were birds, marks, but no hook ups...cept'in a crab pot that ate a Stingsilver.

Gotta call from JB he was on good fish near the mouth of Ebay. We pull in the jiggin' junk. J'O called a minute later, he was near JB..he's tearin'in 'em up.

After a long wet ride, we get near them. Jig up a coupla dinks. Couldn't catch a keeper, seeming like right place wrong time as it had been all morning. They moved.

We pull out the trollin' stuff again. We drop them out. We went over a ledge that went from 30-50' perty quick. One hit, in the box 21", rubylip buck w/ 6" shad..all white. Her hubby, Eddie calls while getting this one in, the other rod goes off. Cath tries to exsplain to him nicely...get off my phone...I got to get the other rod..the point finally gets across. Cath brings in a nice 21" too (Magnum Rat-L-Trap chrome & blue). Trolling got boring.

JB called again..fish went to the western side..about a mile north of 83. (He has 4, besides him on the boat). They needed 2 more for a limit. We pull near them, most of their rods were bent over.

We start flingin' Stingsilvers...Cath and I are 2 fish on at the same time. Both keepers. 18 1/2 & 20". Limit done. It took us 6 1/2 hours to do it, but who cares. We bailed another 30 fish for about another hour, and then called it quits.

We worked for them fish. I think JB had at least one 30"+, and JohnnyO had several in the upper 20"'s. They got them early. I thank you guys for the calls. I was in the wrong place, you guys found them before we did.

We had a blast.

Get out fishing.....I might try to sneak out tomorrow too...workin' on it.

I borrowed mlag's lighthouse for a pic:

Thank you Cath...I had a blast,

Jim

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
WTG Jim. I'm glad you got em'. Nice pics.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Good going, Jim. That's fishing, 6 hours of looking to 1 hour of catching is actually a pretty good average. Pretty smiles and nice fish.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Hey Jim, Glad you got out! Haven't seen you in a while. I gotta go to Boaters World tomorrow to get a few things so I'll stop by..........Gary

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Jim, I called you about 3. There were plenty of birds near #1. Just nothing taking the bait. Maybe I will see you tomorrow.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That was a fun trip! Now if we can just talk Eddie and Liz in to coming down with the flu one of these upcoming Fridays :). Eddie and I and neighbors heading out early this afternoon...we'll give you a call and see if you are out.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
WTG Jim:thumbup: Nice report! ....Don

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Sounds like you had a nice day on the water and got into some good fish. We were out in that area today with about 100 of our closest friends ;-) Managed a couple small fish but the schools were finicky.

Might be good once everybody goes back to work Monday. :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Glad you guys had a good trip.Mabey I can talk Eddie into going this afternoon:yes:
you picked the right weekend,gotta get out while we can and besides its cheaper than theraphy:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks

Im a newbee to stripers and the bay.Only been out a few times from SP.

I keep the boat most of the time in Morehead City but this year Ive got it up here for the winter and want to fill the cooler for the wife to keep her happy.

Will be out tomorrow the 4th.
Scott

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Thanks for the invite.

We will take you up on the offer next time:chugbeer: I heard there was parking lot over at EB this weekend after this report:cool2: but maybe it was just coincidence:pp
We had 5 right about 28" and got em between 11:00 and noon for the most part. We used the oldest trick in the book, well not actually but it has worked for me more than once! After your bud JB and the other boat left and some other birds didn't show me anything we went back to the spot where the fish came up and saw a nice slick and put in N and floated for a couple minutes with Jeff wondering what I was doing until the screen lit up and we pounded em for the next hour.The great thing was since there were no birds no one came over to bother us. We also found some on the western side and stayed on them for about an hour longer than we had planned but anyone that knows me knows I can't leave biting fish!:D:clap:
Looks like it is shaping up to be awsome with more larger fish mixed in than in years and my guess is there will be plenty enough that we won't have to go JUST to the EB to find them:D:yes:
Glad you got em as well!

Johnny O

1 - 17 of 17 Posts