Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went trolling this morning as I needed to test an engine issue/repair that has been dogging me all summer. Didnt work. Got out to the edge of the bar and noticed birds on the water. Trolled around the birds and could see the fish on the meter but no hits. Slack tide didn't help. Was trolling red hoses and spoonbrellas. Worked towards Love Pt and really didn't see anything on the meter. Worked hard bottom edges without much luck. Had a nice one on but lost it half way to the boat. Finally caught a few dinks and then a 30" rock as I was calling it a morning. No blues or other bird life. A few charters in the area and they were suggesting that there were plenty of blues last week but not much today. Hopefully better next time. Pretty day with hardly any boat traffic.

John

·
Registered
913 Posts
I fished in the Annapolis anchorage area on Tuesday and found fish only next to one ship. It appears that the cool weather early in the week resulted in a change in the location of fish

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Went trolling this morning as I needed to test an engine issue/repair that has been dogging me all summer. Didnt work. Got out to the edge of the bar and noticed birds on the water. Trolled around the birds and could see the fish on the meter but no hits. Slack tide didn't help. Was trolling red hoses and spoonbrellas. Worked towards Love Pt and really didn't see anything on the meter. Worked hard bottom edges without much luck. Had a nice one on but lost it half way to the boat. Finally caught a few dinks and then a 30" rock as I was calling it a morning. No blues or other bird life. A few charters in the area and they were suggesting that there were plenty of blues last week but not much today. Hopefully better next time. Pretty day with hardly any boat traffic.

John
I was fishing the same area today, maybe a little farther into the Chester. Breaking pods of fish the whole time I was there. Caught small blues and rock all morning and early afternoon. Caught them trolling, jigging and top water, but it was very frustrating to not catch anything larger. So much for the theory of jigging up bigger fish underneath. Not today for me. It was still a beautiful day on the water. i will try south of the bridge next time out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts