Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending the first weekend on our new boat and doing a semi shake down cruise. Is there any trolling action going on in that area, we are trying to run the boat as much as possible so bottom fishing isn't much of an option. Thanks for any help!
Chas

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We want to test her out a little bit anyway, she is a 40 footer built for that chop, any trolling action?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Try the edges of the channels and look for marks on the depthfinder for schools. Try #2 planers with clark spoons to get down to the bigger blues and the few rocks running with them. No big rocks around that area yet, up north maybe in Maryland waters.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had some in late afternoon around the red/white mid channel to #5 and over to PLO. Trolled #2 and #3's with red, chartreuse, and beige tubes. No joy on spoons. Lots of breaking bait, tried jigging, hopkins, and bucktails nada. Guys at the marina said 2 3 miles east of the red/wht mid channel, nice blues, no rock, speed 3.5kts og.

good luck

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help, its been a long time since I have fished up this way. Im going to give it a shot!

·
Registered
136 Posts
We went out to that area last Sunday. From Dividing Creek up to Reedville and out a few miles. The water was boiling with fish at the surface and birds. We trolled through them for quite a while using spoons. Some on planers and some at the surface. Only caught five blues, maybe two or three pounds each. Also caught two fish around the same size as the blues that I had never caught before. Our identification guide said that they were American Shad and illegal to possess so back they went. They also hit on the spoons.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pole Position,
We are finishing up on a 1964 40' Tiffany complete rebuild. Cold molded the hull, chopped the cabin off and redid it with a foam core material. Inside was gutted and redone to the tiffany specs. It has been 7 years in the the making, so needless to say we are just a little bit excited!! We are docked at Tiffany Yachts right now on the Great Wicomico, we should be poking out in the bay saturday morning if all goes as planned! Green hull, classic looking chesapeake sportfish flybridge with a modern flair.

·
Registered
57 Posts
crew volunteering for your 40' Tiffany rebuild

Hey rbh111,

I have about 20 boy scouts coming down next weekend to camp at my place at the mouth of cranes creek and try a little fishing. Since I can only fit about 6 on my 23' Dauntless, how bout you take the other 14 for a little ride! They are always so well behaved (NOT).

ducking_out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts