Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing for the past few weeks, but have been locked out of TF... Seems that the summer slipped by without a proper fishing outing!

I took off early, my creek was like glass, exited Fleets Bay and bang straight into the teeth of menacing southerly wind and rising three foot waves. My intention was to get further up the Rapp, but was distracted by flocks of excited birds. Probably what kept me to the area was the presence of diving gannets.

I went at it casting a storm shad into the melee of my featherd friends. Caught fish, but was getting blown off the spot too quickly. Opted to drag a few umbrellas around and continued to catch. Problem was the smallest was 8 inches and the largest just a scale under 19 inches. Fished across the Rapp from the fish trap off Windmill bar to Stingray, then took off to 2R and got hammered by waves. Plenty action out there, which was fast and furious. Again nothing came over that I could take home.

Gave up at noon.
Water temp 59.6 getting there....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the report. My brother and I have been trying to fish in your area for the past several weeks. Between the weather and schedule conflicts we have not wet a line yet. Maybe next week.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks for the report. Hoping to get down Thanksgiving weekend for a day. Haven't been out since the end of July!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts