Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Woke up this morning and decided I was going to give it a shot, and called my dad and convinced him to make the drive down from Lebanon, PA to come play in the wind. We made a quick stop at Marty's to pick up a few supplies and to be reassured by Jim that the wind wouldn't be dying down at all for us. By about 1:30 we were pulling out of the Rhode River with the intention to stay on the Western side of the bay somewhere around the #1 trolling and if we found some decent marks / birds do a little ltjing. Before even making it out of the West River we could see a huge flock of working birds between the 1a and #2.

View attachment 13025

We made the run over and within minutes had a fat little 17" on the line. We ended up catching eight more fish between 18" and 22" and losing a nice size one who ran off with my Dad's stingsilver and dropper fly. At this point went to check the finder only to find it had no power, nor did my radio, must be a fuse I thought. Checked it out only to my dismay, it wasn't the fuse. Ended up finding a wire dangling from my circuit breaker that had broken free of its connector. Rigged up a temporary fix to get my finder and radio back on line and decided to head out to the #1 in search of some bigger fish. Got all the lines out and found the shifting wind was generating some pretty consistent 3-4 foot waves that were playing with my boat pretty handily. We ended up bringing the lines back in and decided to try and find the birds again back closer to the mouth of the river. However despite our efforts couldn't get any of the few marks we found to bite our jigs. All in all had a few problems but it beat sitting at home, and was at least a few more fish before I winterize next weekend. Hopefully winds will be cooperative tomorrow and let me get one last half day in before its all over.

First Fish of the Day
View attachment 13026

Nice 21" caught by my Dad
View attachment 13027

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Nice work. I like them out front.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
swartj - I'd agree with you there, nothing like not having to drive far to find them

Jim - I know you did, but its hard to sit at home when there are fish calling my name

1 - 4 of 4 Posts