Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been fishing further up-stream (near Queens Creek) without any luck, too. Someone at the marina said they got some decent stripers at Pages Rock and Coleman Bridge (jigging with bucktails?).

Has anyone else ever had luck with stripers this far up on the York, or am I just wasting my time??

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I wouldn't say you are wasting your time. I haven't fished up river, but there are definitely some decent fish under the Coleman. Still catching them 22-26" around the bridge pilings with an occasional ~30". The bite is best when the current is swift.:yes: Also the most difficult time to get a jig where it needs to be.:rolleyes:

Fishing jigs/bucktails tight to structure would be my first choice in the river right now. Duck blinds, piers, Pages Rock light, or even the channel markers should be worth a try with a jig.

I have seen birds and bait moving up river from the Coleman, so it would only make sense that something is following the bait.

Keep at it... the time spent on the water WILL pay off.:yes:

James

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Still catching them up to 26" under the bridge.... it has slowed down a bit though. Marked some bait and fish near G17 (mouth of York) on the way back from Kiptopeake today. Caught/released one ~34" on a red/white stretch 25. Few gannets diving right next to G17.:thumbup:

James

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.