Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the mouth of the York today from the range tower to the spit on the out going.....no fish ...no marks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thanks for the mouth of York report.:thumbup:

Was the same for me last Sunday out there. Only dinks at the range lights...:yawn:

Time to burn some gas!:clap:

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been fishing further up-stream (near Queens Creek) without any luck, too. Someone at the marina said they got some decent stripers at Pages Rock and Coleman Bridge (jigging with bucktails?).

Has anyone else ever had luck with stripers this far up on the York, or am I just wasting my time??

·
Registered
771 Posts
I wouldn't say you are wasting your time. I haven't fished up river, but there are definitely some decent fish under the Coleman. Still catching them 22-26" around the bridge pilings with an occasional ~30". The bite is best when the current is swift.:yes: Also the most difficult time to get a jig where it needs to be.:rolleyes:

Fishing jigs/bucktails tight to structure would be my first choice in the river right now. Duck blinds, piers, Pages Rock light, or even the channel markers should be worth a try with a jig.

I have seen birds and bait moving up river from the Coleman, so it would only make sense that something is following the bait.

Keep at it... the time spent on the water WILL pay off.:yes:

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your comments. Still no luck, but work is now getting in the way of time on the water. Hope to head out and take up some of your advice this weekend. Still better than any good day at work!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My son and I have been limiting out in the York "up river" just about every weekend since the season started, haven't been skunked yet. All keepers have been 18" to 28".

·
Registered
318 Posts
Good schools of fish between wolf trap and the hump. Just east of New Point is a great place to hit this time of year. York channel may start giving up some fish if bait builds up in there again.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Still catching them up to 26" under the bridge.... it has slowed down a bit though. Marked some bait and fish near G17 (mouth of York) on the way back from Kiptopeake today. Caught/released one ~34" on a red/white stretch 25. Few gannets diving right next to G17.:thumbup:

James

·
Registered
24 Posts
Catching most all fish around the Colemen bridge and or within a mile or so from the bridge. Limited out again last night. I've been throwing plastic shad, gulp shrimp and wind cheaters. Last night they were hitting a six inch shad.

·
Registered
68 Posts
:rockon:i was there today 12-6 and lots of bait, a few hits when we got out there about slack tide, lost 3, 1 of them about 35lbs at least(could tell by the amount of line he took out). ended up boating one a 38". belieive it or not, the bite slacked when the tide really started moving.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts