Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning on doing some work on our boat. we have a 23' WA, and the previous owner had the am/fm antenna as well as the VHF antenna mounted on the side of the boat (by the helm) because he had a bimini top. about 2 years ago we added a hardtop and it is now time to relocate the antennas as they get in the way of accessing the bow. my question is, when we move the mounts to the hardtop, we will have two 1" holes (roughly) on the side of the boat that i will need to plug up and make water tight. (these holes were from where the wires from the antenna ran into the cabin and up to the electronics box). what is my best option as far as making a good water tight seal, and keeping it pleasing to the eyes?:confused:

we will also be adding a radar:clap: . tomorrow we will be running the boat to figure out the angle we will need it at. we will be adding an additional battery and switch. i also believe that the GPS antenna will not be a problem, but i will solve that later on. what other things should i keep in the back of my mind while mounting the radar?

thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Mark.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It sound like you have things planned well.

The GPS antenna must be above or below the Radome. The AM/FM & VHF antennas should be as far away as possible. There is a good diagram in the Consumers Marine Electronics catalog about this.

Mount the radome on a strut to get it above the top & at the correct angle

Sounds like a fiberglass shop would be the way to go to repair the holes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts