Tidal Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it about time for Mr. Harrison's trial? Haven't seen anything in the paper.
Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
The man is a legend on the Chespeake Bay for cryin out loud, give him another break. Being a third generation commercial watermen I know he is just doing what he knows. Its just tricks of the trade. Dead honest I only keep rockfish that are in the 15"-17" range. They taste better. Catch em and fillet em and hide the baggy in the secret locker on the boat. One gallon zip lock will hold about 8 fish. Look down on me you may, but thats the way its always been for me.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
The man is a legend on the Chespeake Bay for cryin out loud, give him another break. Being a third generation commercial watermen I know he is just doing what he knows. Its just tricks of the trade. Dead honest I only keep rockfish that are in the 15"-17" range. They taste better. Catch em and fillet em and hide the baggy in the secret locker on the boat. One gallon zip lock will hold about 8 fish. Look down on me you may, but thats the way its always been for me.
Uuuuhhhh...How many geese does that baggy hold?

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
What does 15-17 in. rockfish have to do with hunting geese over bait and over the limit??????
Correct me if I'm wrong but Buddy's citation on the fish was just that, no? A citation...As in, pay the ticket...I thought the Fed charges on the geese required things like lawyers and whatnot...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Poaching

I've got a spot in VA where I kill 9 to ten deer in an afternoon. We gut em, flush em out, put em in the bed of the truck, cover em with a tarp, cover the tarp with fire wood and then head home. They're all little deer as they taste better. Look down on me if you will, I can't help but break the law just because it suits me. I'm better than everybody else and thats the way it's always been for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh by the way, I never buy an out of state lisence. They're only for people who want to support game and fish restocking programs, DNR police, habitat improvement and a host of other programs that don't help me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In no way am I saying Im better than the next guy. How about just mind your own damn bussiness. Who are you to judge me or any other man. You have no idea what Budd's situation was or the circumstances. Everybody on here wants to persecute the man, how about get a life or atleast get the facts right!!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Capt Buddy says, "I'm Innocent"
January 7th, 2007
Local charter boat captain and restaurateur Levin F. "Buddy" Harrison of Tilghman pleaded innocent Friday in Baltimore to misdemeanor charges of illegally hunting Canada geese. Although, he was caught with eight geese in his possession, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Harrison, who operates an Inn and Sportfishing business here in Talbot County, was charged with taking geese over a baited area last January and exceeding the daily limit of two geese. His business has also been charged, this time a federal offense.
Trial was set for April 19-20. Mr. Harrison could face up to six months in prison and a $15,000 fine.
http://www.talbottoday.com/

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Send those "entitled" people my way

I'll break the law and discharge a weapon in the county and give them a ride to the 7 Mile bridge...it's teeming with BIG 'ol Bull Sharks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
here come da judge ! ! !

In no way am I saying Im better than the next guy. How about just mind your own damn bussiness. Who are you to judge me or any other man. You have no idea what Budd's situation was or the circumstances. Everybody on here wants to persecute the man, how about get a life or atleast get the facts right!!
Sounds like you're trying to violate our right to "Freedom of Speech",

Our Constitution gives US the right to be the jury that judges you. ( maybe you should have someone read it to you)

We're not trying to persecute anyone......just trying to take out the "TRASH"

Finally.....what facts do we need to get right..........

1 - He was hunting over a baited field ? (this one ) OR

2 - He killed 300% more than his limit ( this one) NOT

BOTH FACTS WERE THERE FOR PROSECUTION, AND SINCE HE IS A "REPEAT"
OFFENDER.........THE SENTENCE SHOULD BE EQUAL TO HIS CRIME 3 TIMES THE FINES, AND THREE TIMES THE TIME.............18-MONTHS, MANDATORY, AND $45,000.00 . PLUS
RE-OPEN THE CASES WHERE HE RECEIVED PROBATION W/O VERDICT ! !

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Ahhhh....The winter games. I really missed them.:p

Nothing like a nonsense thread to cure the winter blahs. Keep it coming guys.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.