Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the MSSA and SB 1012 thread....

For those who thought I should have posted my comments and questions on the MSSA TF board to keep it 'in house'...here's a news flash for you.

I posted a copy of my letter to the BOD and Bill Windley there this morning, in the form of an 'open letter' and I don't think it lasted an hour before it was PULLED!!!!

I believe that is called:

CENSORSHIP

If no one did anything wrong, why do they act so guilty?:confused:

I guess I can't ask questions or disagree with anything even on our own PRIVATE board!!!

Imagine, removing a post that just asked for answers...no profanity, no name calling, just facts and questions!!!

I guess the 1st Amendment to the Constitution doesn't apply to the MSSA...:nono:

Imagine what I'm going to face at the Essex/Middle River meeting next Tuesday at 7pm...probably a bunch of guys at the door with duct tape...

I am OUTRAGED...how about YOU?:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just tried sending an email to FishingFrank within the last hour, and received a message that indicates he does not wish to receive any emails. Imagine that!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tried sending an email to FishingFrank within the last hour, and received a message that indicates he does not wish to receive any emails. Imagine that!
Yeah...he wrote me yesterday after I sent the letter and said :

"I'll be more that happy to discuss these issues at next weeks chatper meeting. I will not reply to any further e-mails from you concerning this subject nor will I reply to any tidalifhs inquires."

Ed

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Maybe when the boat/fishing/sports shows start coming around again, we should all wear shirts that say "MSSA got your License Fees INCREASED. Please ask them why."

- Dae

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe when the boat/fishing/sports shows start coming around again, we should all wear shirts that say "MSSA got your License Fees INCREASED. Please ask them why."

- Dae
That's close, but we'll need to add "They won't tell me."

Ed

·
1,295 Posts
Islander- I just returned your private mail a few minutes ago. I have other things to do than just respond to TF all day long, (work, get bot ready, etc.) You or anyone else can e-mail me at [email protected]

Crowbait- I did not have anything to do with censoring anything. I am only the board moderator on the MSSA board and have never taken anything off of it.

Ed- There will be no duct at next week's Essex-Middle River Chapter meeting. This issue will be discussed in a rational respectful manner along with other MSSA legislative issues during the course of normal business after the guest speaker and other normal chapter business. As usual, the chapter welcomes everyone with open arms.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts

- Dae
........ or how about buttons that say "BREAK WINDLEY" ....... :D :D :D :clapping2: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crowbait- I did not have anything to do with censoring anything. I am only the board moderator on the MSSA board and have never taken anything off of it.

Ed- There will be no duct at next week's Essex-Middle River Chapter meeting. This issue will be discussed in a rational respectful manner along with other MSSA legislative issues during the course of normal business after the guest speaker and other normal chapter business. As usual, the chapter welcomes everyone with open arms.
Frank

With all due respect, you've got very little credibility with me right now.

Only a moderator can have a post pulled, and only you and Brandon have access to doing that on the MSSA TF Board.

I do not believe Brandon would have pulled it on his own, because it was certainly NOT offensive in any manner, except in its demand for answers.

As far as the meeting, I'll be happy to discuss these and other things with you, but the ONLY person I want answers from is Bill Windley...I don't want them second-handed.

If necessary, according to the bylaws, I'll present you with an "MSSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS FACT SHEET" with all the questions attached and I'll be at the BOD meeting in June to get my answers...which I will post on this TF board.

We can certainly cut down the time this is going to fester if Bill attends that meeting or if he answers me and cc's the other BOD memebers who have requested copies of his answers.

The faster this is resolved, the less embarrassing and unpleasant its going to be.

Sometimes people tend to over react to things like this and say and/or do things that can really make them look small should word get out.

Ed

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Who pulled it and why ?:confused:
I read the letter-thought it was to the point-no insults-just honest questions.Something smells fishy :innocent: . Skip

·
1,295 Posts
Ed,

The lack of trust is mutual. At this point in time I do not believe you or anyones else is incapable anything. I told you I didn't pull the post and I DID NOT. I said in in small letters the last time and not it's in big letters again- I DID NOT PULL YOUR POST NOR DID ANYONE ELSE FROM THE MSSA. Perhaps you never even posted it and are just sayin so do to further attempt to discredit the MSSA leadership.. Like I said earlier, nothing at all would surprise me at this time. PS- Calling someone a liar by questioning their creditability is a common thing to do and putting NO disrespect intended ahead of the allegation doesn't change that one bit.

Frank

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ed,

The lack of trust is mutual. At this point in time I do not believe you or anyones else is incapable anything. I told you I didn't pull the post and I DID NOT. I said in in small letters the last time and not it's in big letters again- I DID NOT PULL YOUR POST NOR DID ANYONE ELSE FROM THE MSSA. Perhaps you never even posted it and are just sayin so do to further attempt to discredit the MSSA leadership.. Like I said earlier, nothing at all would surprise me at this time. PS- Calling someone a liar by questioning their creditability is a common thing to do and putting NO disrespect intended ahead of the allegation doesn't change that one bit.

Frank
Well then Frank, we both know where we stand, don't we?

I have no reason at all to have said I did it and not done it. Virtually every post I've made on the handling of SB 1012 has been to either get answers or get the word out about the facts as I know them...nothing more, nothing less.

So, unless there are invisible Gremlins somewhere, somebody had it pulled.

And, as far as discrediting the MSSA leadership...why should I have to do a thing...you guys are doing a helluva job with that yourselves...everybody is talking about you...(almost 4000 views between this and the thread Rick started).

No matter then...I'll repost it right now...somebody watch and make sure its there this time.

And if you think we're going to discuss anything AFTER everybody leaves Tuesday, think again...I'll bring it up under old business, because that's what it is.

And as far as your credibility goes, that 'spin' on SB 1012 in the chapter newsletter is where you lost it for me:

"Also passed in the closing hours was Senate Bill 1012. This highly controversial bill will raise fishing license fees to better fund the DNR in it's fisheries management duties. This bill was proposed by MARC, the Maryland Aquatic Resources Coalition, a group of represents many thousands of fresh and saltwater anglers including the MD BASS Federation, and MD Trout Unlimited. While license increases are never a welcome subject these groups collectively believed that a modest increase will help prevent a total financial collapse of the DNR and it's valuable fisheries projects. This bill was supported by a unanimous vote of the MSSA Board of Directors at the March board meeting.
It was only through your letters, phone call, and e-mails to your legislators that these bills were passed into law. I thank you for your efforts "

Does 'edited to remove the stuff we don't want you to know about' sound about right?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its up there now....

Guess I should have done this with the first one...

TidalFish.com Message Boards > Clubs & Associations
MSSA (Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association
Welcome, whiskey99.
You last visited: 04-13-2007 at 04:47 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 21.

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

MSSA (Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association This is a private board for MSSA members only. Please Private Message the Board Moderator FishingFrank for the password. Please send him your full name as it appears on your MSSA Membership.

Show Threads Show Posts
Advanced Search

Quick Links
Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
Open Buddy List
User Control Panel
Edit Signature
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Miscellaneous
Private Messages
Subscribed Threads
My Profile
Who's Online

Go to Page...

Threads in Forum : MSSA (Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association Forum Tools Search this Forum
Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
An Open Letter to the BOD and Bill Windley
whiskey99 04-13-2007 05:32 PM
by whiskey99 0 1

Who removed Ed's post
27 sailfish 04-13-2007 04:45 PM
by 27 sailfish 0 1
SB1012
Riverdance 04-13-2007 11:14 AM
by Crabby Bob 9 90

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Ed - You make a graet point about the recent membership letter. I too read it and felt that it was not upfront with the out come of the bill. If no one has been following like other they would be none the wiser.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ed - You make a graet point about the recent membership letter. I too read it and felt that it was not upfront with the out come of the bill. If no one has been following like other they would be none the wiser.
Thanks John. Its nice to see that others can read between the lines, and you are correct, if someone hasn't been on TF or read Candus' column on it they'd say "What a great job!!"...now try and be at the meeting Tuesday night and maybe we can educate a whole room full of people.

If I have to go it alone, its too much like 1 hand clapping...20 or 30 people clapping, now that's something else.

Ed

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
I'll be there Ed.You are not alone in this.We got shafted. Skip

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll be there Ed.You are not alone in this.We got shafted. Skip
Thanks Skip...now if I can get Riptide 1947 there, he and I will stand back to back and you can stand between us:D .

Ed

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.