Tidal Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...does anyone else think the discussion on this had deteriorated to the point of being detrimental to the cause of recreational anglers? How many times can one spout off about feeling like they were shafted? I, for one, just joined the MSSA last year and intend to request that they take my name off the rolls- not because of what just recently transpired, but because I don't think that they can be effective given the attitudes that I see on this board of some members. I understand that people want to vent, but enough is enough and now it seems that the discussion is among people that know each other, so why not keep it off a public forum? The rest about what happened has been discussed ad nauseam on several threads. I commend the MSSA leadership for deciding not to air it's dirty laundry publicly on an anonymous internet forum. They need to be given a chance to answer at the meetings of the organization and then let the chips fall where they may. Of course, they should then held accountable for their actions.
I'll bet the commercial guys are eating this up. They know that they'll continue to get their way if this is the way we recs try and resolve differences.
Brandon- how about a little help here and move this stuff to the BS or conservation board?
Enough is enough until the whole story is in.
Respectfully
Mike

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Here is a thread on this same page about license fees going up. People are complaining:

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/che...-licenses-vs-md-outta-state-horse-hockey.html

We wouldn't have a thread like that if the recs had provided a united front to SB 1012.

The reason we couldn't provide a united front to SB 1012 was because of the actions that have been discussed "ad nauseum" in your estimation.

Ignorance caused this situation.

You know what? None of this would have happened if MORE people knew what was going on, not less. You want to shuffle this off to the side somewhere so people can remain ignorant? So we can keep making the same mistakes over and over again?

I have an idea, why don't you read the title to a thread and then decide if you want to read it instead of adding more censorship to an issue that already has real problems with censorship and arbitrary decisions by those in leadership positions. Who are you to decide what people should and should not know?.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
...does anyone else think the discussion on this had deteriorated to the point of being detrimental to the cause of recreational anglers? How many times can one spout off about feeling like they were shafted? I, for one, just joined the MSSA last year and intend to request that they take my name off the rolls- not because of what just recently transpired, but because I don't think that they can be effective given the attitudes that I see on this board of some members. I understand that people want to vent, but enough is enough and now it seems that the discussion is among people that know each other, so why not keep it off a public forum? The rest about what happened has been discussed ad nauseam on several threads. I commend the MSSA leadership for deciding not to air it's dirty laundry publicly on an anonymous internet forum. They need to be given a chance to answer at the meetings of the organization and then let the chips fall where they may. Of course, they should then held accountable for their actions.
I'll bet the commercial guys are eating this up. They know that they'll continue to get their way if this is the way we recs try and resolve differences.
Brandon- how about a little help here and move this stuff to the BS or conservation board?
Enough is enough until the whole story is in.
Respectfully
Mike
Mike

Unfortunately, unless we keep it going here...basically the only place rec anglers in large numbers can and do communicate...the issues discussed will get stonewalled.

You are seeing it now. MSSA leadership has had more than enough time to act and/or respond if all they had to tell was the truth.

The Essex/Middle River newsletter was intentionally misleading about the bill and that is the only contact most of the 7000 members have with the MSSA...newsletters and Tidelines.

Care to guess what the spin on what happened with SB 1012 will be in that when it comes out?

If the questions posed over the days since SB 1012 was passed had been honestly and quickly answered, we wouldn't be where we are. Bill and Rich knew why they did it when they did it.

You can't get resolution without answers, and we can't all be on the same page if we don't have all the facts, and act correctly on them.

The other part remains that the bill was passed through BOTH houses because the senators and delegates were led to believe that most rec anglers, not just the MSSA members, were behind it...and it doesn't appear that was an accurate statement.

Heck, I don't want to be doing this, much less a focal point. But, when I asked questions, the only answers I got didn't make sense.

What do I do...throw up my hands and say Oh well??

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Mike I sure do agree with you.Looks like after all of this all we have ended up with is some sore feelings that will last a lot longer than this issue or administration or the next regime.I guess I am one of the few that always tries to look for something positive and work from there.

Regards
Will

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If I see another thread about MSSA im gonna throw up. Everyone has good points but why start another thread. This one needs to be joined with the other or taken off.:yes:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You missed my point. My point was meant to be that everyone already got the point again and again and again. Let's try something a little more constructive until those that need to answer have done so. Never insinuated that the issues weren't important, just think that by now everybody that's on the board has had the chance to see this side of it for now. A lot of unnecessary devisive launguage being loosely thrown around in frustration that someone chooses not to answer immediately on this forum, IMHO.
Mike.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot Chum. I'll be sure to take that advice from a guy with over 12,000 posts. Brandon sends out emails to people wondering why they don't post......

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My appologies Mike I did jump the gun a bit. I bmailed Brandon about the same issue. Just happened to see the thread and jumped my bad. If I would have read it in a calm manner I would see we are on the same page:clapping2:

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
I leave for a day and all heck breaks loose.

I think we only need one thread to talk about MSSA. I am closing down this one. One will be left open.

Thanks

Brandon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.