Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what finally happend to the 1st and 2nd place finishers $$$ for the Spring Tourney that were being disputed ?

On the MSSA web site, it is still listed as under review (Oct 20, 2008 ???)

Did the MSSA keep the disputed monies or bump it to the next guys/gals in line ????

Just wondering

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Last thing I heard was the 2nd place (disqualified) winner was going to court. You should contact Stephen Schectel, President of the MSSA and ask him. Given that he's a lawyer, you'll most likely get the same response or none at all.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Last thing I heard was the 2nd place (disqualified) winner was going to court. You should contact Stephen Schectel, President of the MSSA and ask him. Given that he's a lawyer, you'll most likely get the same response or none at all.
Or you can contact the Capt himself and ask him,his website is "Reeldesire Sportfishing" I think thats how it is spelled and I think his screenname here is "catchemup"

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it is tied up in court or lawsuit is what you are saying.... I dont think the charter captain should get it, but I also think that the MSSA shouldn't get it either seeing that they hack 50% off the top already. Do the math they take a huge rake in order to put in the pockets of politicos.

I just hope this $$$ doesn't go back to MSSA and not the anglers.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
theonethatgotaway and other interested members/tournament participants- I'd suggest you attend your chapter meeting and ask your chapter president. The progress on this issue had been explained at every MSSA Board oF Directors meeing since this issue begun. Ask your chapter president-he'll be more that happy to update you on the progress and should be able to obtian answers to any question he can't answer.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I really think the wisest course of action would be as I suggested in my previous post.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Comments like that are exactly why I won't post the facts. There is no conspiracy here. It's just not good to talk about ongoing legal action in a public forum, especially one like this when you don't really know who you are talking to or who is listening ( or reading in this case). If you really need to know that much just b-mail your memerbship info- number, expiration date, real name, and chapter and I'll be happy reply wou with the fact to date. I just need to verify you are a member-if not then why would you even care. If you are not a member or tournament participant it would be similar to me inquiring about the business of an organization of which I am not a member. For example, I'm not a CCA member and as such would not ask, nor feel I would deserve, an answer, to any questions concerning the CCA's business, pending legal issues, etc. I hope you can understand my point as this is the last comment I'm planning to make on this forum concerning this issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts