Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below you will find the text from the MSSA Press Release issued today outlining action to date concerning the 2008 Spring Tournament. I hope this helps answer everyones questions about this.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Dear Members,

I would like to update you on the unfortunate circumstances we have regarding the 2008 Spring Rockfish Tournament. As I am sure you know the second place captain has been disqualified and the disbursement of that prize money has been suspended. The MSSA has been actively working to remedy the situation and award the money to the deserving crews.

Since his disqualification, the second place captain has not pursued any action to resolve this matter. The MSSA has stated from the beginning that the second place captain misrepresented himself both in person and on the application therefore resulting in the disqualification. That being said the MSSA has decided to take action and ask for a declaratory judgment. We will post an update as to what the result of this matter is on our website as soon as we know.

I would like to assure all of our members and the public that the integrity and fairness of all the MSSA tournaments is our number one priority.

Thank you for your patience through all of this and we will continue to work hard in resolving this matter.

Sincerely,

Dave Smith

Associate Executive Director

Maryland Saltwater Sportfishermen's Association

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
He entered the MSSA tourament as an amateur fisherman and had a website advertising as a charter capt. That's what was posted right after the tourament.

·
Registered
549 Posts
So what gthe heck is the problem, move 3rd to 2nd and 4th to 3rd and so on. It sounds like the Mssa is just holding money.

·
Registered
14,612 Posts
This is a legal issue and will be resolved in the proper way. It's not that easy as to just move each one forward................Gary

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
Everyone was paid EXCEPT the second place guy.If he is disqualified - then the person who was just out of the money will get a check :thumbup:.Some of the other winners will get extra money :yes:.It really is not too many fisherman affected.

There is alot of money on the line - MSSA has is doing the best it can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts