Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todays plan was Yellow tail below 47. And then the reality of 15/20 from the East came into play.My wife is a trouper, and after turning into the wind, she had this look on her face, but said carry on. Long , slow trip, found myself much shorter of intended goal, but like the structure and bottom. First cast 15" yellow tail.. I'm thinking.. Oh yeah babe.. Rollers were wellover four feet, bow under water more than 6 times.. we perservered. Bite went to hell.. chummed more and more, and a small mack attack came into play. Noon came, I WAS tired of washing machine, cruised to the cut, had some lunch, a beer and got my sea legs back. Wife was gung ho, lets go to the bridge.. Okay I say.. Went to Capt Bobs reccomended spot, anchored up in 14 feet, and sent whole Spanish Sardines out on a #6 hook.

Let the fun begin.. waves had calmed down to three's. Good current. Minimuim 12 macks largest being 27, smallest being 15. Throw two 36" hammer heads into the mix, the afternoon was good. Caight two fish I don;t know what they are, have pics, but can't upload right now. Back at the dock by 5:00, wife VERY happy.. Brian, happier.

Thanks Bob, don't know if tommorow is fishable, but will give college try.

Its 6:00 PM and blowing 20 plus right now, praying for the WX Gods to calm their asses down.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
glad you got into some fish
look at http://www.boatlessfishing.com/
guys have been seeing and catching at the bridges click on forum at top find Monroe County and click it

some nice reports

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well, I'm done.. WX gods looking down on me, decided to play it safe, and turned the boat in a day early. Its been kicking up all day so I'm glad I made the tough choice.

Many thanks to Bob and Waterboy for all there helpful info and guidence. Good trip, overall.

See you next year. Visited Cayclubs Resort, think were gonna stay there next year. Place is beautiful.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
the spring weather is always breezier here, If a fall trip works I visited in Late Sept one year and it was lovely weather, occassional thunderstorm, but it was always gone in 30 min

wish you could have sampled the fishing a bit better

which Cay Club you looking at?

Indigo Reef or Tranquility bay??

·
Registered
886 Posts
Glad you had a good trip, can't complain about the weather, this time of year you're lucky you got out.

One last thing, I consider it a "must do" on your way out of town. Leave yourself an extra 20 minutes and stop by Robbies in Islmorada, it's about mm 77 bayside, it will be the last left driveway on the island before you go over the next bridge. They have a resident population of Tarpon, Jacks, etc. there you won't believe. The first time I went there about 20 years ago, my eyes almost popped out (if they'd have bounced in the water a fish would have instantly eaten them). No fishing but they sell buckets of bait for about $1, I've never met anyone who said it wasn't worth it.

Bob

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wayerboy, thanks for the advice but for some reason I have no desire to feed em. Getting up early anyway , eife has to be at MIA by 8:00 AM. Went to KW today, had a wonderful lunch at Fogarty's. Grilled Shrimp BLT.. YUM..

Bob we went to Tranquilty Bay. Wife just loved it. The whole pool, Tiki Bar, dinner there, beach, maid service whats not to like ? I kinda like the renting the house thing, but would like a pool and some ammenties.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts