Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at these. I got a pair and put them in my Muck Boots. Have not tested them in the cold yet but they are thin and should make the boots even better in the cold.

Sahalie - toasty feet

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
They work on the soles for a while, my problem in my mucks is always my toes... They need to make an electric muck with toe warmers :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
If im fishing in temps colder than freezing I usually slide a disposable foot warmer insert into the boot before putting on my socks. They last 6 hrs or so and my feet never get cold with those inserts... Well worth the .50cents per foot. My feet get cold otherwise because they sweat so much.

Dave

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have owned the Cikana Muck Boots for about 2 years and I'm sorry they are not warm when the weather is below freezing. They are the lightest pair I have ever owned and very comfortable but not warm. I have been using toe warmers and have been okay but not without them. The neoprene insoles are not worth a #@[email protected]# in the cold weather. Don't believe the advertisement on them. LIGHT---COMFORTABLE...YES!!!! For extreme cold....NO WAY....Not without toe warmers.

Frank
"Skirtchaser"

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I bought a nice pair of wool socks at Bass Pro that have a sleeve in the toe area for those warmers.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Mike, do these mark up the boat?
No they don't . They are by far the best cold weather boots for boating on the market . Just watch Deadliest Catch and see what they are wearing . Those are the only boots you will ever see on commercial fishermen in the northwest . Servus Xtratuf neoprene rubber boots are known throughout our commercial fishing industry as the most comfortable, reliable, long-lasting boots to wear. They really are "extra tough"!
Neoprene is the most flexible and durable of all rubber footwear constructions. Only XTRATUF neoprene pacs offer a "total protection shield" of seamless, watertight protection for the most corrosive farm and work conditions.

Flexible, Hand layered construction of seamless boot shells.
Shells are triple dipped in liquid neoprene latex for extra watertight protection against acids, corrosives and contaminants.
Immersed in a special sealant for the XTRATUF "total protection shield".
Smooth, tough fabric linings for easy on and off.
Cork-cushioned insoles for lightweight shock absorption and comfort.
Slip-resistant Chevron outsoles with flat, surface-to-surface treads give XTRATUF pacs sure-gripping traction on hard, slick footing.
Outperforms ordinary "calendered" neoprene footwear every time.
100% waterproof.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XTRATUF's are made by the parent company that makes Muck Boots. They are great boots but much heavier than the Cikana model. They are like a high grade pair of TITS with insulation. Great if you really need that. Alaskan guides wear practically nothing but XTRATUF's. My personal opinion is that they are overkill for this area.

With a pair of wicking sock liners and a pair of 300 d fleece socks the Cikana's are pretty warm. The insoles may give them a little more warmth. I am on my second pair. The rough Parker deck will wear off the tread eventually. They are made of pure rubber which is pretty soft. With Cikana's I can move around the boat like I am wearing Air Jordans.;-)

If you want extreme cold weather protection and do not mind the weight, you are better off with the XTRATUF's.

The only fishermen who do no absolutely love Muck Boot Cikana's are those fishermen who have never owned a pair. Everyone I have told about them who has purchased them, think the are the greatest fishing boots ever made.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I would second frank skirtchasers assessment that they are plenty comfortable but not warm. Like tuesday when we launched into the ice at PLO with temps in the 20's most of the day. The 50 cent toe warmers worked for a while but then my toes were very cold. I use liners plus hight quality EMS socks on top.

air jordan's..........nice.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
You guys are old and have poor circulation to your feet...

I also theorize that it is because of your poor circulation that blood is not getting to other pertinent parts of your body and that is why you fish so much, especially in the winter.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
You guys are old and have poor circulation to your feet...

I also theorize that it is because of your poor circulation that blood is not getting to other pertinent parts of your body and that is why you fish so much, especially in the winter.
And just how old are you ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
As I pretty much get at least one of everything Wild Bill has I agree totally with Bill's assessment of Mucks. I love them and my feet have never been cold.

Of course some of that could be due to the 20 lb. Propane Flame thrower we have on our fully equipped 23' Parker.;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts