Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am brand new to the forum and looking for some advice. I live in Virginia Beach and am in search of the best inland shore fishing options. Specifically fresh or brackish waters. I've recently become curious about what the southernmost half of Virginia Beach & adjacent cities have to offer, and spots such as Munden Point Park & Knotts Island have sparked my interest. My question is this---> What kind of fishing does the shores of Munden offer? What species are we talking about? I'm big into ultralight panfishing but am also open to whatever's there. Any advice?

Also if any of you frequent other bodies of water around that area--Blackwater, Back Bay, etc. The same info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Munden has some nice Catfish off the bank at the park.........

You can catch Crappie at the BLACKWATER Trading post too

On your drive down there you will pass a dozen other places you can fish off to your LEFT and fish back bay.

I fish HORN POINT (2) several times a week, last night Doug & I fished at MILL LANDING (4) and caught white perch & catfish......
fished P/A first (5) with no luck yesterday at all.....

Good Luck & Welcome .......

These guys get rough at times but we are all here to help !

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can also try the causeway bridge on the marsh road going to Knotts Island. I hear that a flounder or two can be had out there.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Munden has some nice Catfish off the bank at the park.........

You can catch Crappie at the BLACKWATER Trading post too

On your drive down there you will pass a dozen other places you can fish off to your LEFT and fish back bay.

I fish HORN POINT (2) several times a week, last night Doug & I fished at MILL LANDING (4) and caught white perch & catfish......
fished P/A first (5) with no luck yesterday at all.....

Good Luck & Welcome .......

These guys get rough at times but we are all here to help !

It's almost time to put on the wetsuits and tanks and hit the reef!! Let me know when you are going and we can buddy boat... :clapping2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts