Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
you ain't heavy

set back and listen Jeff. You ain't heavy either. You say your'e reaching out but you need to answer the phone or open the door. I can help if you let me. We all can. Today is a whole new day and what you do with it is up to you. If you want I'll pick you up Monday am and take you to DC to see the wall, sounds like you want to go see it. I'll warn you, its not easy to walk up to it and feel that cold black stone. But I''l go with you if you want. Take my hand.

The Mountain Man

·
Registered
66 Posts

One of all time favorites, Jeff this one is all about your life.....and mine........................read the comments below the top boxes........

I want this one played at my going away party. Not a funeral, I told my family to throw down with a party when I'm gone, cremate me and toss my ashes in the river, don't want no worms eating me when I'm gone.

The Mountain Man

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are so nice. Thanks friends. Mountain Lion you can take me to the wall and I will beg you to do it. But not Monday, I think I will still be shakin it off. But yes, fer certain friend. It aint gonna be pretty, I should maybe have staged several trips and bled out a bit at a time but YES, PLEASE. I have to go. I guess you have been there. What does it look like? Is it curved, straight, upright? What direction do the names face? I know I could click on and see it on here but I always thought it would be disrespect to my brothers to take a look from afar like that. Do you know about the ceremony of the boots? I have kept my last pair. They are in my closet and wrapped in packing paper just to stay black. I have my last set of fatigues too and I guess I was just private in that Linda has never once saw em or knows I have em. There is n oblicue patch on the shoulder that has a horse with a slash thru it. 1st Cavalry Division. We were attached to the 1st Armored Division and 2nd ACR (Armed Cavalry Regiment) Each of us and every last one had jump wings to us and were mostly with the 100 and first Airborne but a few were with the 82nd. You didnt get their without jump school at Ft Benning, GA. Have you been there man? I was just a kid and scared to hell on the tower 500 ft up fixin to high dive with a bungi cord. The jump instructor was there with ya and threatened to kick yur ***** butt off . Then you did yur 1st static line bail and hooked up in line in the DC3 and terror was all over and you watched the guy before you dive out or get booted out and the bird was leaning to one side just to give you proper advantage and the guy behind you was counting on you to make his way true. Then you did a night dive into the Okeefenokee with yur M16, a match, a can opener and 1 box of C rats. I dont like water bro. I wear my PFD going thru the tunnels here under the bay. There was no light and you got spit out in sequence just so you dropped so far away from each other you wouldnt hook up and have a friend. I felt so stupid a few yrs ago. I took Dayton out fishing and we got so lost in the Upper Chickahominy swamp it was pitiful. It took him to look at my chikkinchit map and figger out where we were, and I have land navigation in me and lay a compass down to a map and tell ya about declination, inclination, true north. Oh heck yes, ask him. I screamed help and carried on. I messed with him so bad he should never forgive me. Itold him we was gonna have to conserve piss to drink and he would never see his family again. Every once in awile the black water bubbled and Dayton said man I think we been here atleast 3 times before. I had a handheld GPS but no batteries. I had used up those two AAs listening to Metalicca on previous trips. Laugh at will Dayton, I was gladder than you when you found the 4 way stop at 4 PM. He got so cold and sweaty on me he told me life secrets you can dream of. If we would of had PanMan there the day would of been complete. It got so scary at times we had serious conversations about who was going to be on top and hold the candle when we made love that night.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it was our finest hour Dayton. Few have come that close to getting boogered in a swamp before us and you know thats a fact.
Thanks for yur help man and I may have to talk to you once or twice along the way. Its almost 6 and the shakes are here but controllable. If it were not for you guys I know this day would have never come. Maybe you will tag along when Mountain Man and I go visit my wall. I would be honored to have you there.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have come to my senses. Some of this will go away if I let it. I have never given it a chance. The booze bottles are all cleared out. My place looks like the home I know it is. I think I will even sweep up the linoleum and do a little extra. I grew up clean, I cant go down settling for anything less.
I am talking to you all. Is my game plan intact as you see it? Crunch time is coming. I am drinking my jug of water. I knw whats coming up and know there wont be nobody but me can bite the bullet. I am only scared cuz of the blood coming out the showerhead when I had the DTs before. . I dont really know whats in store the next few hours but do know if I hang tough this will be easier come tomorrow. Dont leave me now. I am making the right moves and its just a matter of hours and I can come back. If you see a hole point it out, I am here and guidable to try fix it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How stupid and funny at the same time Waddell. I am able to take a break and look at myself. How in the heck did I let this happen again?
I am hanging onto this computer just so I dont go buying one last bottle bud. Gritting my teeth as dumb as that sounds to anyone who hasnt been addicted. I guess Dayton knew it right about taking small steps. I am here at 618 and damned if I will not be here the next hour drinkin water. All the rest can be addressed later, I have drug that pup around forever. The ol lady, work, everything else will get a fix but its crunch time once again and I am gonna make it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
candy and sweets help brother
Are ya sure? I dont have an appetite but can go down to the store. I have never had a sweet tooth but dang if it will help I will push 2 Twinkies up my butt. Anything that might help is okay and I will try it. What is it, do I not have enuf sugar in me? I think there s some Nestles Quick here I am grabbin my ass with both hands. My ass is planted and I will not go by more drink, but damn this is gettin bad trying to let the steam vent. Any suggestions accepted.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about some hard candies like apeppermint or horehound twists? Do you think I could suck on one and it will help? I used to like them sweet butterscotch hard candies but carried em around to love my horses and fed them to them. Iwas abigger man then and a package went a long way in seeing a feral critter walk up, slobber yellow, and take yur hand. I smiled Fatty and crawled up and we had some eye to eye moments but it usually went off okay. You just aint a man if a horse with yellow slobber tosses ya off. Even a dumb animal without the power of reason thinking knows inside you are a kind man and thats just where the whispering begins. You take yur wallet out cuz it may jam his flanks as you sit on em and hurts em and feels uncomfortable. It takes a little kindness and understanding is all. I keep a plastic 3 lb coffee can fulla biskets for the dogs on board at all times. They all know me and love me more than they do their keeper. Its food-driven and I know. Look at my truck. Its nuthin but scratch marks the dogs love to see me so much and know the sound of my engine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts